Part 26 : Skip together

Lucas's POV

I think that I should ask Ashley on a date !

I mean I have known her for a long time now and I really like her. And it would be a good distraction for her from the last incident.

It's monday again. The campus remained closed the past week which means that I didn't get to see Ashley for a whole week.My parents also came to check on me from Texas on Thursday as they got the news. They were happy that nobody got hurt. They then went back on Saturday and took Ryder with them and he would be treated there with them.

I didn't expect Ashley to have two brothers and I know that she didn't tell me the whole story. She left bits and pieces of information out.

Then Kiara dating her brother also came out as a shock. But Vanessa's face was priceless when she saw that Alan and Aaron are Ashley's brothers. I can say that both of them are really handsome. But I am way more handsome and hotter.

I arrived at the premises and leaned against my car. Xavier and Carter will not be out of the hospital until the next week. I saw Vanessa's car and she got out looking around excitedly, trying hard to look cute.

Ahh..... I slipped out of the parking lot and went inside the building before she could see me. She is way too clingy and doesn't get the hint that she should stay away.

I went in the restroom to wait for a while. I got early here , so stayed inside for a while and got out after some time. I walked towards the lockers and saw the girls from a far. The three looked exceptionally pretty and taller than others. But the one caught my eye was the prettiest.

Exquisite beauty !

She was in matching black trousers and T-shirt with white stars on them

She was in matching black trousers and T-shirt with white stars on them. Her hair in a ponytail and she looked extremely adorable with her big eyes as she yawned. The other girls were Kelly and Julie who were matching their schedules.

Ashley looked up and a smile instantly came on her face as she saw me. She started walking towards me and I saw dark circles under her eyes on her usual makeup-less face.

Wait! Dark circles ?

I instantly frowned as she hugged me but nonetheless, hugged her back. She sighed in content with her eyes closed as I looked down on her while question marks appeared in my head.

I asked quietly "Are you okay?" while I gently raised her chin.

She replied "I am fine."

I gave her a look which clearly stated that I didn't believe her.

She sighed again and said " I truly am fine. I just couldn't sleep."

I asked again "Why couldn't you sleep?"

She said solemnly "Nightmares"

I immediately understood what she meant and hugged her. The first bell rang and her friends told her that they don't have any classes together. She waved at them tiredly and started walking in the opposite direction. She sensed that I wasn't following her and turned back to look at me and raised her eyebrows.

I told her, suddenly determined "Let's skip today."

She knitted her eyebrows in confusion and asked "Where will we go?"

She looked really cute like this. I replied "Just come with me."

I held her hand and started dragging her out. We both got in my car and before she could say anything, I told her that we would come back to get her car.

We arrived at the park immediately and we both got out and went inside, me with my sketchpad. We stopped far away at a big tree and I sat down, leaning against the lower trunk. She looked at me in confusion.

I opened my arms for her but she just blinked in annoyance. I chuckled seeing her reaction and showed her a reel that I had saved in my Instagram. In the reel, the girl is clearly sleeping in her boyfriend's arms while he played.

Her eyes immediately lit up and it's like a light bulb went on in her mind. But then she blushed for a second,just for a second and a huge grin came on her face. I could clearly tell that she grew excited.