Chapter 11: "...that my little Sparky really was my soulmate."

Y/N POV:

"Shit!" I tossed the dress on my bed, rejecting what felt like my fiftieth outfit of the night. I was trying to find something to wear on my date with Taehyung and nothing I tried seemed appropriate. I was disappointed by everything and even thought the clothes I had gone through were actually really nice, I knew it was because I was trying to impress him. He was handsome, more so than anyone I had ever met and it stunned me that he seemed interested in me. It made me wonder why. I wasn't anyone special and there certainly were women who were much more beautiful than me.

Picking up the first dress I had rejected, a pale blue one, I held it up to myself in front of the mirror. It was cute and flattering, but I was so nervous about whether it was good enough to wear on my date with Taehyung. Before I could change my mind, I slipped it on over the bra and panties I had chosen, a cute dark blue set, even though I had no intention of even getting that far with Taehyung. Just the idea of pretty lingerie made me feel good about myself, made me feel confident and sexy. Elena always laughed about it, but I couldn't help it.

After getting dressed, I moved into the bathroom to fix my hair and do my makeup. Although I usually kept it simple, I wanted the look tonight to be a little bolder, a little more daring since I was definitely trying to impress Taehyung. After messing up my eyeliner three times, I stepped back from the mirror, finally happy with the results. When my hair was done, I turned off the lights then headed back into my bedroom. I picked up my shoes, little gold heels that matched my dress and made my way to the front door.

Leaving the apartment, I headed to my car, glad we had decided to meet there. Even though Taehyung was sweet and kind, I still didn't know him well enough to feel comfortable getting into a car with him yet. Hopefully this date would reassure me, let me know that he was safe. But we would just have to see.

As I drove, I thought about the time I had spent wit him. I didn't spend a lot of time with him, but I already felt a connection to him. It made me wonder if I was being silly. He was so handsome that I was surprised he had shown so much interest in me. Although I tried hard not to, I couldn't help but think about Alex. Was I moving on too quickly? It was a conversation I had with Elena and she had vehemently shaken her head, telling me that even if things with Alex had been more serious than they were, then he would want me to be happy. As it was, we had still been pretty casual.

Pushing the thoughts of Alex aside, I tried to focus on the date with Taehyung. He had chosen a little Greek restaurant not far from my job and when I pulled up, I smiled when I saw him waiting outside. He was wearing dark grey pants and a cream colored sweater that made him look even softer and sweeter than usual.

I parked my car in the lot and as I approached, Taehyung's smile grew bright. "Hey Y/N. I'm so glad you came." His voice was sincere and as I drew closer to him, he reached out for my hands. "You look beautiful."

Feeling the heat rush to my cheeks, I looked down at the ground for a moment before meeting his eyes again. "Thank you. And... and you look so handsome."

Grinning, Taehyung brushed his bright hair back from his face. "Thank you." He gestured towards the restaurant. "Are you hungry?"

Nodding, I returned the smile. "Yes actually. We had a rough morning today so I... I didn't eat much for lunch."

Taehyung tapped my nose, making me laugh. "Nuh uh. Can't do that. Have to make sure you are eating well." He turned and pointed to the restaurant, giving me a bashful smile. "I've never been here before, but the reviews were great."

"It's a great choice. It's my friend, Elena's favorite restaurant. She says it's the only place besides home that she can get decent Greek food." I laughed as I spoke. It was true. Elena's family had come here from Thessaloniki when she was only 5. When she had turned 22, her parents had moved back to Greece, but Elena had chosen to stay. She met Dimitri a few years ago and now they were engaged to be married, giving her the fairytale she had always dreamed of.