Chapter 14: Four Days

Ahri POV

It's only been a day since Ryu left to do his work, but it feel so strange.

I get up from bed, take a shower and get dress. I walk out not soon after that the other also get out, the four of us stare at each other.

Kai'sa: Oh right, I forgot Ryu isn't here today. Let's me go make breakfast.

Evelynn: Let's me help dear.

I watch as they go to the kitchen, I then turn my attention to Kali, she look down before looki at me.

Akali: How about we help them out too.

Ahri: Wait-

Akali: Don't be like that, c'mon they are waiting.

We then go and help out with making breakfast

Akali: Hey do you think...

Ahri: What's it?

She look down with a sad expression

Akali: That Ryu will ever be able to return to his world.

By that question alone, I feel like time itself has slow down. The thought that one day Ryu would leave and never come back.

I don't want it to happen... But that's his world we are talking about. He doesn't hate his family either.

Maybe one day he will get to return and maybe...we won't be able to ever see him again.

Suddenly the smell of burned food snap me out of my thoughts.

Kai'sa: Oh no.

Ahri: Kali quick! Get the fire extinguisher.

Time Skip

That was a disaster, burn eggs and bacon wasn't a good way to start the day. I go to my room, to get a hairpin that Ryu bought for me.

While taking it out I accidentally knocked over some files.

Ahri: Oh no.

I bend down to clean up the mess until I saw it.

Ryu's painting, the one that he gave me. I look at it, I put my hand on my chest as I feel it getting harder to breathe, the painting tell his story.

A story with a tragic past, where life wasn't fair one bit. The world that he was born in, broke him. Yet he still save it only to have the people that he protect turn their back again him.

Would he... still want to return?

Or would rather stay here by my side?

Evelynn POV

It's the second day, Ryu still haven't return. I'm starting to get worry. I know that he's more than capable of protecting himself.

Yet I still couldn't get this feeling off my chest. What Akali said yesterday really got me thinking. The moment Ryu show up, our life have change drastically.