11 | Ballad Of The Beginning

"I have a spare one piece in my backpack... Of course, it looks the exact same as what I'm wearing... You should probably put it on before we take Elizabeth to the hospital Meliodas rested in before..." You nodded while she rummaged in her backpack and pulled out the same orange suit she wore. "Eh? Why didn't you give me that earlier?"
"I didn't like you as much back then."
"It... Wasn't even that long ago..."

You took the suit before (with much struggle) eventually managing to wear it. You gasped, grabbing her backpack and cradling it in your arms, you could see Elizabeth resting in there! She looked so adorable!

"Give it back-!"
"No-no-no-no-no...! It's fine-! I got it-! It's fine-! I got her-! She's mine..." She tutted in annoyance, crossing her arms. "Gimme the other human girl..." You pointed to her hand, in it contained Cenette, Dr.Dana's daughter.

"Gimme..." You leaned your bag towards her,
"You're acting childish..!" She whined.
"Just gimme the girl! I'm good at protecting stuff! It's in my blood!" She scoffed before giving into your mini-tantrum. Passing Cenette gently into the large bag.

"Room for one more?" The strange, blue haired man tapped at your leg. You grimaced and pushed him away with your index finger, of course, he was at least a little disappointed, "Meliodas! I'm taking Elizabeth to the hospital..."

"Acting like it's your idea..." You heard Diane murmur under her breath as she followed you, carrying Meliodas, Ban, and Hawk in her hand.

~•~•~•~•~TO THE HOSPITAL~•~•~•~•~

The bag containing the girls was gently emptied, Cenette was dropped off inside of the hospital, reunited with her recovering father. While Elizabeth was crafted a make-shift recovery room on the roof terrace.

You had your eyes on her like a hawk, while Meliodas had left briefly to check on Dr.Dana, it gave you time to properly introduce yourself to that strange, blue-haired man.

He was sat on a wooden barrel, silently staring at you with suspicious eyes. "So, you're Y/n? It's been a long time since I've seen another giant..." You silently nodded in response, he stood up and placed a hand on his own chest pridefully. "Ban. The fox's sin of greed."

You picked him up, bringing him slightly closer to your face and trying to subtlety sniff him to get an idea of his scent. "It's nice... To meet you..!" You glanced at Elizabeth and pointed at her, "Her name is Elizabeth. You'll be nice to her, yes?" He raised an eyebrow, "Eesh, you're bossy, usually people are nice to newcomers..." You gave a harsh glare. "I'm gonna! Jeez... But not because I'm scared of you. Only because I have respect for the princess herself..."

He crossed his arms, and you hesitantly set the boy back down onto the terrace for him to immediately walk beside Elizabeth's bed and bow, he gently grabbed her hand for a small handshake before letting her place it back on herself. Yeesh, he isn't even greeting her properly...

Ban turned to your fellow giant, "Come to think of it, it's been a while, Diane." She pouted and turned her head away. "I would have been okay with not seeing you for another hundred years, though." He tutted, placing his hands on his hips, pausing for a moment before looking back at you and Elizabeth. "Listen, we sins don't care too much for rank or politeness really. Let's all five of us get along, shall we?"

"It's the six of us. Six!!" He curiously looked around for the source of the squeaky voice. "...Who the hell are you?"

"It's me!!" Hork snorted, staring at Ban. "THIS PIG CAN TAAAAAAAALK?!" He practically screeched, jumping backwards. "Why is that freaking you out?!"
"NO WAAAAAY?! A PIG CAN TALK LIKE A PERSON!!? WHAT'S THE POINT OF A PIG BEING ABLE TO TALK!!?" Hork felt incredibly awkward in the spotlight. "I thought it was the giants' food...!"