Mike and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

3

Harvey glared at his phone. He'd seen the kid leave the building at a little past 10am-that had been two hours ago. He rolled his eyes in disdain. He really hoped the kid wasn't taking his sweet time empathizing with the lady. Surely it didn't take him two hours to get a statement to build the case. He needed him here, helping him with their pseudo lawsuit case! "Donna, where's Mike?" he called out to his secretary, instead of just pressing the button that could connect them.

Donna looked back at him and shrugged in her seat. "I wasn't aware I was his babysitter."

Harvey sighed. This whole thing with lateness was becoming far too frequent. He'd tried the kids' cell twice already, and nothing.

Meanwhile, Mike wondered what on Earth he'd done to spur Gods' wrath today. He'd pulled an all-nighter, got hit by a minivan, his bike was trashed, he'd had both his boss and Louis reprimand him, Harvey had tossed him another one of his pro bono cases, which had gotten him dragged into a home invasion, and now he was sitting here, telling the cops anything he could remember about the men who'd held them captive.

A paramedic came over to examine his shoulder. The brown-haired woman tsked, reminding him of Donna for a brief moment, "You're very lucky this was just a graze, but it's pretty deep, so we'll have to get you to the hospital for stitches." she deduced, motioning him inside the ambulance.

Mike nodded, still a little shell-shocked. He should have expected to get shot.

Lucy, Hayleys ten year-old daughter, the older one of the two, had gotten a cheap pre-paid cell phone only recently, to make emergency calls to her mom if ever needed. Completely overwhelmed, both mother and daughter had forgotten this fact, and the fact that the men hadn't searched either of the small girls for anything, thinking they were too young to be of hindrance. Once they had realized it, though, they immediately dialed 9-1-1. After dispatch had sent cops to the house, the woman on the phone had spoken to them for a little longer, telling them to stay calm and that the police were on their way.

Unfortunately, it was at that time that the man standing outside the door chose to check in on them personally, and saw the phone in the girls hand, as she hung up and was in the motion of putting it back in her pocket. Grabbing Lucy by the hair, he took out his gun, which was as far as he got, when Mike barreled into the man, at least twice his size and eighty pounds heavier. Mike was more surprised than anyone someone with his small frame had been able to hold his own with the masked version of hulk for as long as he did. They wrestled for the gun, struggling for a good minute, before it went off, and Mike felt a sharp hot white pain lance up his arm and pin itself on his shoulder.

It was a damn good thing that at that point, two armed policemen barged in, guns raised, yelling "Drop the weapon scumbag!"

Mike had thought briefly it was just like in the movies, as he'd pressed a shaky hand against his bloody shoulder. Oh, and his suit was ruined. Like it hadn't been bad enough ruffled from the bad weather conditions that morning, now there was a gaping hole in the shoulder sleeve and blood stained the expensive fabric. He really didn't care what Harvey said. Five hundred dollar suits were totally expensive!

He looked at his watch, as his shoulder was bandaged properly, the doctor impressed swooning over his heroics-although he didn't think of it as such, seeing as how if the cops hadn't gotten there when they did, he would have been a goner, and-Mike shook his head, tried not to think about it. It was half past 12 o clock. Mike couldn't believe it. Hell had rained down on him all day and it hadn't even been a full day yet! It was only noon.

The doctor had written her number on his hand, with her name and a little heart next to it, before Mike left. He'd been far too distracted by this awful day to notice this or any of her previous flirting, however.