chapter two

it was the next morning and louis had currently been on his way to the rooftop to eat lunch; quietly walking down the corridor filled with scattering students with his hands clutched tightly around his books that were held just as tight up against his scrawny chest. as he opened the large metal door with a tiny huff and walked up the concrete steps that led to the school' rooftop, he began to feel a warm, fuzzy sensation in the middle of his chest from the thought of seeing harry again and nearly ended up tripping over the steps on accident.

when he made it up there, his excitement to see harry suddenly decreased when he saw that harry hadn't come up yet but still didn't lose hope and still felt excited to see him so with that, he let out a soft sigh and skipped over to the bench where he soon, sat down and began taking out his lunch.

his lunch had consisted of a turkey and ham sandwich, a bag of crisps, and some cut up strawberries that were packed in an adorable, heart-shaped container.

and he also might've secretly made an extra sandwich for harry just in case the older boy was hungry, but who knows?

it was peaceful silence for a few moments as louis happily ate his delicious lunch and read a book that he'd borrowed from the library, until the door suddenly opened, making him look up.

his heart skipped a tiny beat when harry' tall figure came into view, watching as the older boy made his way over to him while lighting a cigarette and soon taking a deep inhale of it.

"waiting for me?" harry asked, with an eyebrow lifted.

louis' cheeks flushed a bright red and he only shrugged, not wanting to embarrass himself.

harry looked away and sat down on the bench beside louis, resting his elbows on the end of his thighs before taking another drag of his cigarette and secretly getting a grimace from the younger boy who sat there watching him.

"you shouldn't smoke."

harry heard louis' soft voice speak up and snapped his head over towards him, eyes glaring hard into the boy' concerned own.

"what?" he asked, in a deeper tone.

louis' eyes widened slightly and he quickly averted his eyes from harry' and down to his lap, knowing that he's made him feel angry.

he whispered out a shy, 'n-nothing.' and shook his head nervously.

that only made harry' angrier and he sat up a bit, "tell me what the fuck you just said, kid."

louis let out a frightened squeak at harry' tone and his use of the swear word, slowly glancing up at him, only to look back down.

"i-i just said that y-you shouldn't erm.. smoke because i-it's just really b-bad for you and i-"

"i don't need you telling me what i should and shouldn't do, kid." harry cut him off, "it's my life and i'll smoke if i want to fuckin' smoke."

"but i-i was just trying to help-"

"i don't need your fuckin' help, alright?" harry snapped, jaw clenched tightly.

louis continued to stare down at his visibly shaking hands and didn't stop the fresh tears from filling his crystal blue eyes and falling down his flushed cheeks as a sad pout formed on his lips.

harry watched this and felt his stomach twist for some odd reason because it wasn't like he purposely meant to make the sensitive boy cry.

"m'sorry, i-i'll just go."

louis sniffed and couldn't help the soft hiccup that escaped him as he quickly reached for his bag and began putting all of his things away.

"listen," harry sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "i didn't mean to make you cry-"