chapter ten

a peaceful smile was set upon louis' lips helped his mother out in there small garden.

"louis, dear. pass me the shovel, please?"

the fragile teen did as told with 0 reluctancy, of course, and grabbed his own shovel to begin digging up a small hole in the dirt for a place to put his new flower seeds that he'd recently got.

they were daffodils and he couldn't wait to tell harry all about his new find and how beautiful they'd be when finally finished growing, knowing that his boyfriend would be just as excited.

after a few more silent moments, he suddenly heard a knock at their front door which caused both him and jay to look up curiously. the teen stood up with hesitance, not bothering to dust off his grass-stained knees before walking out of their backyard and into their house again.

he wondered who could've been at the door since it definitely wasn't his boyfriend because he'd been at work for the past almost five hours — at least that's what he knew — so his eyebrows were knitted with great curiosity as he grabbed the door handle and turned it before opening it.

he let out a soft gasp in surprise when there'd been no one to be found on his doorstep, aside from a bouquet of daffodils, his favorite flowers and a small note attached to one of the flowers.

louis gnawed at his lower lip as he hesitantly picked up the small note and felt his heart flutter when he instantly recognized the handwriting.

the note read:

"hey, baby. you probably thought that i was at work but i'm not. i know, i know, i'm sorry for lying. it's all in good matter though so forgive me, yeah? anyway if you're reading this (please don't let it be your mum) stop whatever you're doing and meet me at the park by the shitty ice cream shop i hate around 2pm and we'll continue this then. see you later, beautiful."

an enormous, adorable smile was plastered onto louis' lips as he read over the note and kept doing it until his eyes felt sore. his cheeks were flushed red and heart fluttered with immense joy because while reading the note, he could hear his boyfriend' deep, raspy voice through it which only made him even happier and more excited to see the older boy.

he bit down on his lower lip to try and calm down his large grin. within seconds, he swiftly picked up the beautiful bouquet of flowers and sniffed them before rushing off to head back to his backyard, quickly.

jay had still been planting seeds down into the dirt, when he came back.

"mummy, i'm off to see 'arry. he says that he's got a surprise for me," louis explained, trying to hold back his obvious excitement.

jay looked up at him with narrowed eyes, "a surprise? is he finally taking you on a date?"

"dunno." the dainty teen shrugged, "i-i hope so..."

"well, alright. i hope so too, sweetheart. be careful and don't be out too late. i want you back in this house by 10pm sharp, yeah?"

louis nodded fast at his mother' words and quickly leaned down to press a quick peck onto her cheek before standing back up and rushing out of their backyard to head upstairs into his bedroom so that he could get ready and be on time for harry' surprise.

once the tiny boy was finally finished dressing himself, he stared at his outfit in the mirror which consisted of a light blue t-shirt, a pair of white jeans that stuck to his pretty thighs and bum like glue along with a pair of light blue slip-on sneakers that his mother had recently bought for him since he needed new shoes.