chapter sixteen

"babe," louis whined. "why not?"

the older of the two only ignored him and continued on with his actions, which had been casually drinking a beer - or at least trying to.

louis' pout deepened when his boyfriend didn't respond and he only whined louder. "pleaseee? just one sip, at least?"

harry huffed out a quiet laugh, "just one sip." he mocked, shaking his head in disbelief at his not-so-innocent lover.

"d-don't mock me, hazza. s'not funny." louis grumbled, pout still prominent on his gloss-covered lips as he crossed his arms tightly over his chest.

"oh, but it definitely is." harry chuckled, purposely taking another sip of his beer just to tease the small boy. "i find it hilarious, how you think this topic is even remotely up for discussion, baby."

"because it is!" louis exclaimed.

"it's not." harry growled, anger lacing his deep voice which startled the tiny boy.

louis stared at him with wide eyes, mouth agape as he tried to speak up again until harry quickly cut him off.

"h-hazzie—"

"no, louis." the older boy spoke, roughly. he set his beer down next to them before sitting up straight, with louis still in his lap, as he firmly gripped onto louis' small waist and kept full eye contact with the startled teen. "it isn't up for a goddamned discussion. you aren't drinking and you never will, you're going to grow up and you're going to make something of yourself instead of becoming a fucking alcoholic like me, understand?" harry growled out, staring deeply into his tiny boyfriend' worried, porcelain blue orbs.

louis didn't know what to say as he stared at his boyfriend, cold shivers running down his spine from the hard glare that was held deeply in harry' piercing jade orbs.

fortunately, it hadn't taken harry long to notice his smaller boyfriend' shocked stare and began to feel guilty for pinning everything on him, despite the fact that he still meant every word that was said.

he sighed, loosening up his firm grip on louis' waist.

"fuck, i'm sorry, baby." he apologized, lifting a hand to run it through this curls, stressfully. "i didn't mean to scare you, angel.. s'just what you said got my head all fucked up and i— i don't know."

louis gulped slightly and blinked a few times before shaking his head. "n-no, haz.. s'okay, you could never scare me, i promise. i-it's my fault for asking so much, i-i don't know what i was thinking. i'm sorry-"

harry interjected, sternly. "no, angel. you aren't apologizing for this. it's my fault, baby, and i've been trying to work on my issues for you 'cause you're the only person that doesn't make me see fuckin' red so i'm sorry, blue."

louis frowned at that and shook his head before grabbing harry' jawline in one of his little hands before pressing their lips together in a slow kiss; pulling back only after a few seconds to which had earned a low grunt from his boyfriend who had just been about to run his tongue over louis' bottom lip.

"there are no issues, hazza." he told, softly. "you are perfectly fine in my eyes, you don't see red for no reason; people give you a reason which pisses you off—"

"watch your mouth." harry cut in, darkly.

louis' cheeks flushed red from his boyfriend' deep voice scolding him and he bit down onto his lower lip before nodding fast. "m'sorry." he mumbled, pecking the older boy' lips lightly. "just slipped out."

"you calling me a bad influence, baby?" harry quirked an eyebrow; tone becoming playful.

louis giggled and shrugged, continuing to keep his tiny hands cupped around harry' strong jawline; running the pads of his thumbs over both sides, lovingly. "maybe?" he whispered, softly. "maybe not?"