Three- Lorenzo & Nadia

Chapter Three

Lorenzo

"For fucks sake," I exploded, "Why the hell did she just disconnect herself?" That woman is determined to put me in an early grave. With this stunt, she may well achieve that. My heart hammers away, my palms sticky with sweat and I wince against the building pressure in my chest, flexing my hands to stop them wondering to the sharp shooting pain at the sight of my wound.

"She knows how long she has," Angelo tells me, his focus never wavering from the screen where I know he's already trying to pull up her tracker for me to follow.  "And she made the plan herself, chances are she planned this into her schedule and... forgot to mention it?" I know Angelo didn't mean for the end of his sentence to become a query but the very suggestion has my anger reeling all the more. I knew she went into this with her own agenda, I just didn't realise she would have left us all out of the loop.

"Ange makes a good point," Piero pipes up, cutting through my building rage, "trust her to do this." I held back every spiteful response that rushes to the tip of my tongue at Piero's comment. I trust her to do it alright, I'm just pissed that she decided not to let me in on the plan she's clearly struck up. There would never be a day when Nadia did something I expected of her.

"Fuck!" Luca yells, his voice strained. My sight tracks the split screens before me, trying to find Luca through the security system. "Requesting assistance, east wing. Shit has gotten a little sticky over here."

Angelo beats me to it, pointing to the bottom left of the screen.

"He's there," he tells me, squinting to see through the poor camera quality better. "Looks like he's been hit."

A colourful swear leaves my mouth. "Gio, I need you to get to the east wing, now. Luca has been hit."

"Copy," Giovani grunts in response. I can trust my men to do the right thing, of course I can. But to be so far away, watching this shit-show unfold and being unable to do anything but dictate is killing me.

"Piero, your best shot out of there is out the south—"

"The fuck is he doing so close to the explosion sight?" I cut Angelo off, tracing my weapons master on the screen before us. He claims he wasn't behind the initial explosion that set them back, but there he was, right next to it.

"Setting up some traps for our friends," my weapons master yells back, "Relax big man, I got this."

My jaw clenched at his insolence. Whilst Nadia was MIA he's out there having the time of his life and forcing us to watch. I appreciate Piero's chaos, he's good at what he does, but his moment to choose flair over function sends my blood pounding through my ears. That man is lucky I value his resources so highly or he would swiftly find himself without a tongue to bite back with.

"Make it quick and get your ass to Luca's side," I all but growled at him.

"Yeah, yeah alright." He had the audacity to huff back at me and if I didn't know any better I would say he was rolling his eyes at my commands.

Angelo diverted my attention back to the screen. "She's there. That dot right there."

Sure enough, there was a blinking black dot on the screen located in the northern sector of the basement. But it was still. So horribly still.

"Come on Dee, what are you doing," I mutter to myself, every fibre of my being raging to go after her, to get to her and get her to safety. "Have we got any visuals on her?" I ask, trying with all my might to hold the desperation in my voice back, willing my mind not to think the worst.