Torn: Chapter Fifty-Five

The television was on. Game of Thrones was playing on Netflix. Destiny was draped across Aubrey's lap with her head resting on a pillow. She was naked, while he was dressed in a pair of gray sweats and a black tank.

    He rubbed ointment into her ass cheeks while watching one of his favorite shows.

    She alternated between watching the show and remembering Patty's final words to her:

    "If you take anything away from our conversation tonight, I want that message to be that whether your relationship is vanilla or not, mistakes will happen. On your part and on his. This is the case with any relationship. With BDSM, the issue may be that Aubrey calls you out of your name, or spanks you a little too hard. With the vanilla lifestyle...Brian, was it? He might stay out too long with his drinking buddies, or blow some of your savings on a motorcycle, or what have you. Rough patches only serve to strengthen your relationship and each other. If you love each other, you can get past the gripes. In the end, all of those little unimportant arguments don't mean anything. Love, honey. Love is all that matters, in the end."

    Destiny moaned contentedly at the massage her rear end was getting.

    On the ride home, Aubrey hadn't said much; neither had she. The same was the case for when they entered his condo. When Aubrey saw Destiny wince while sitting down, though, he suggested that they watch television while he treated her soreness.

    After the first episode ended, he asked her, "So, what did you think about Lawrence and Patty?" he asked while the countdown for the next episode wound down.

    "They are both characters," she told him. "And Lawrence...I have no words to describe Lawrence."

    Aubrey laughed, low and deep. "He's fucking crazy."

    "He is fucking crazy," she agreed, giggling. "I can't believe the words that came out of his mouth. Both of them. They look like an innocent farm couple or something, but they talk like-like..."

    "Sailors?" he supplied, raising the remote control and pausing the next episode.

    "Worse."

    He laughed again and set the remote down on the couch. "I rarely ever spoke to them outside of the group, but we all exchanged numbers. For him to even meet with me on such short notice...I really appreciate both of them for that. They didn't owe me any favors."

    "They seem very sweet."

    "What else did you think about our talk with them?" he asked, his voice carrying an underlying intensity.

    "The conversation we had with them was very much needed," she answered. "It was...the perfect message at the perfect time. What they had to say...it was very wise. Little gems of wisdom, important life lessons."

    He continued to massage her. "I feel the same way."

    "What did you and Lawrence talk about?"

    His hand went still on her ass cheek.

    She raised her head off of the pillow and looked at him. "Aubrey?"

    He took a deep breath and started to rub her ass again. "I talked to him about...about us. How I've failed you, the mistakes I've made. My...fears of being a bad father and a bad husband. Everything."

    "And what did he say?"

    "That I shouldn't let what my father did or didn't do determine whether or not I get married and have children."