~| 𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘤 | 𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇 𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗍 (𝗆𝗈𝗈𝗇 𝗄𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍) |~

story: male x fem! reader
Y/N pronouns + identity: she/her, female, straight
character pronouns + identity: he/him, male, straight
includes: fluff!
time: Time setting of the Moon Knight series
warnings: you and Steven both have panic attacks in this, so if that triggers you, I do advise that you do not read this.
notes: I have a new comfort character and MCU crush now yall I-/I don't know much about Steven Grant, I'm just basing his personality in this from the Moon Knight series./ ALSO this is set in the moment he's finding out about Marc and Jake! :>
words: 913
——————
song: Don't Forget Where You Belong
artist: One Direction
"If you ever feel alone, don't..."

——————"Steven, darling, I'm home!"

——————
"Steven, darling, I'm home!"

You walked into you and your boyfriend's shared apartment. You walked around, looking for him. You noticed his things were still there but he wasn't.

'Surely he's already home..' You thought as you looked for him. You continued looking around for him.

Then, you heard familiar sobbing noises from the bathroom.

Your heart dropped. You immediately walked towards the bathroom and noticed the door was closed. You went over and tried to open it, only to realise it was locked. You then continued to hear the familiar sobbing noises from the other side of the door.

"G-Go away, Khonshu! Or whoever the hell you are!" Steven shouted through his sobs.

"Steven, It's me, Y/N." You said to him as you knocked on the door again.

"Yeah, I'm sure you're probably someone disguised as her, trying to manipulate me again." He said before the crying continued again. You shook your head immediately, "No, love, I swear it's me!" You responded to him, praying that he actually believes you.

Suddenly, you felt the door handle be unlocked. You then immediately opened it and glanced around.

You then looked down and saw Steven, curled up in a ball while hugging his knees and rocking back and forth. His back and chest were rising up and down rapidly, signalling that he was breathing heavily. His eyes were wide and full of fear, while his legs shook rapidly.

You immediately kneeled down to his level, making him look up to you. You noticed his eyes were full of tears. Your heart broke at the sight, seeing your beloved boyfriend in this state. Whenever Steven had panic attacks, you tried to help him as much as you could.

You then took his hands carefully. His hands were cold to the touch and shivering. You then began to caress them gently while looking into his eyes, speaking softly and reassuringly to him as he began to calm down. You helped him with breathing exercises as well.

"It's okay, love. Everything's okay." You reassured Steven, "Deep breaths, alright?" You said gently as you did the breathing exercises with him

As you continued to speak to him gently and do breathing exercises with him, he started to calm down.

Steven's eyes softened as he began to calm down. He became less tense. His hands stopped shaking and his breathing slowed down. The panic and anxiety in his eyes slowly disappeared as you stared into them. Within moments, he was finally calm.

"You okay, love?" You asked gently. Steven then went over and hugged you immediately, taking you by surprise before you hugged him back.

"Sorry." Steven sighed, "It's just.. My thoughts are just taking over my head and it's so overwhelming." He said as he rested his head on your shoulder.

"It's okay, love. And hey, there's no need to apologise." You reassured him as you looked down at him. "I know how difficult it is for you right now. And it's not your fault! So there's no need to apologise." You said to him. Steven smiled before looking up to you.

"Can you promise me something?" Steven asked softly. You looked to him and nodded, "Anything."

"Promise me that we'll always be there for each other?" Steven asked, making you smile.

You and Steven looked at each other, staring into each other's eyes for a moment before you rested your forehead against his.

"I promise."
——————
"Y/N, I'm back, love!"

Steven walked into your shared apartment and heard the TV playing. He walked over the living area and saw the news playing.

"An accident just occurred between a bus and a car.."

Steven's breath hitched as he saw the news. He then glanced around the room, looking for you. He then heard sobs coming from the direction of your shared bedroom. He then saw you curled up in a ball as you ran your hands through your hair, stressed.

Your hands were in your hair, pulling it. Your eyes were wide and full of tears. Your chest was rising up and down rapidly as you breathed heavily. Your knees were shaking. Your head was full of anxious thoughts. You were scared.

Steven immediately rushed over to you, throwing his bag to the side. He then kneeled in front of you, "Hey, Hey, darling. It's okay, it's me." He said gently as he carefully took your shaking, cold hands. "It's okay, it's okay! Everything's gonna be okay, darling." He said gently.

"B-But the bus a-and the car! I-It crashed a-and.. Fuck, Steven, I thought you died!" You said in between sobs.

Steven shook his head, "No, no, darling, I'm okay! Everything is okay, love." He reassured you as he gently caressed your hands.

Steven tried to calm you down, just like you would do for him. He said sweet and calming things to you in his soft voice. He held your hands gently, caressing them. He guided you through the breathing exercises. Every single time you exhaled, he'd say calming things to you.

Inhale.

Exhale.

"You've got this, Y/N. You're so strong."

Inhale.

Exhale.

"It's okay, my love. Everything is okay."

And with Steven's reassurance and guidance, you finally calmed down. He planted a gentle kiss on your knuckles, muttering a sweet nothing before he pulled away. He then went up you and embraced you in his arms, planted a gentle kiss on your head.

"It's okay, darling. I've got you."