03

WEDNESDAY 3:34AM ; Y/n's house

It's early in the morning, maybe a but too early. Not realizing how much sleep Y/n got, she was about to get out of bed before feeling a light weight on her waist, with a warm breeze on her neck.

She gently turned to see Lizzie, remembering that she slept over, in her bed, asking to cuddle, because it was too cold.

God, she looks beautiful. No. Remember, she's your best friend. Best friends don't have feelings for each other. It's all platonic.

She painfully thought to herself. The last three words hurt, but they were true, and all she had to do was deal with it.

She sunk back into her pillow as Lizzie moved closer to her chest at the same time.

WEDNESDAY 5:57AM

After a while of lying down for a good few hours and thinking of scenario with Lizzie, who was now literally on top of her, Y/n tried to fall back asleep.

Just as she was about to close her eyes, she felt Lizzie move on top of her. Y/n didn't know what to do in the moment, so she stayed still so she wouldn't wake her up completely.

Thankfully she didn't and fell back asleep in the same position but with her leg now totally wrapped around her waist, along with her hand.

Y/n had her arm just under Lizzie's neck. With Y/n's free hand, she was unconsciously stroking her hair.

Then she heard her door slightly creak. Y/n gently turned her head to find the person who just entered her room.

Fortunately, it was just her mom.

"Hey there. Having fun?" Her mom whispered with teasing in her voice.

"Mom." Y/n said warningly

"Ok. I'll leave you two alone." She fully closed the door and continued to stroke Lizzie's hair.

Wait, why is she awake? She thought.

She checked her clock on her desk.

"6:08AM. Shit. Why do I wake up so early in the morning?" She rubbed her eye with the hand she was using to caress Lizzie's hair with.

"Because you're such a loser." She felt a vibration from her chest. It was Lizzie, but she her eyes were closed.

"Oh? How much of a loser am I if you know so much?" Y/n went on with it.

"Very much of a loser. The loser-est of the losers." She nuzzled into Y/n's chest once more, with her eyes closed.

Y/n chuckled at the made up words she just made.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" Lizzie asked.

"No. Why do you ask?" Y/n responded with another question.

"Because I can hear your heart pumping, and it's pumping pretty fast." Lizzie silently giggled.

"Oh, uh-it's probably just the sodas we had last night." She tried to recover.

"Mhm." Lizzie hummed. "So this is okay with you?" Lizzie asked.

"Yeah it's ok. It's more than okay, it's uh- it's great." Y/n stuttered.

"Are you trying to say something?" Lizzie looked up at Y/n with a confused face on her.

"What? No. I'm just saying that- well- ok, uh-" Y/n couldn't help but panic.

"Hey, I'm messing with you." Lizzie giggled and planted her head back into Y/n's chest.

"Oh, ok." Y/n said embarrassed in herself.