Chapter - 14 | A Visit

[Hey Lads and Lasses! Time for another chapter! Hope some of you's understand most of the lingo here, considering half of you are Americans. (Statistics page is cool).]

[- Pringles out!]

So a week had went by and not much else has happened. Well, apart from a hellhound and a rather lost snake-lady. The girl I saved, Sage (I'm going to high-five whoever called her that), has grown quite attached to me.

On the first day, she wouldn't leave my side, always holding on to my arm. But she got used to the hunters. Now she does training and activities with them, but always comes and sits next to me whenever it's time for food or she has a break. When I asked her why, she said that the hunted food is terrible, so I often provide her with some summoned goodies. She was skeptical when I introduced her to my favourite soft-drink, IRN BRU (Iron Brew). But one sip and she's as much of an addict as I am.

We were enjoying another happy meal of fish and chips (Yes, I get it! I'm British!) when Artemis called everyone together for an announcement, including me.

"Must be important then." I thought.

Artemis began. Me and Sage sat towards the back, finishing off our drinks.

"Okay girls... and guardian..." there where a few glares in my direction. "...I'm here to announce that we are going to visit Camp Half-Blood again."

A few of the hunters complained. Apparently they didn't like going to camp.

"Yes I know, we've been over this to many times to count. Besides, we've got to do this once on a while and we have some new people in our group, so it will be a good experience for them."

The hunters calmed down after that.

"Come on girls, let's pack up and get moving."

The hunters rush away to pack away there stuff. Artemis walked up to me and Sage.

"Aren't you going to go pack away your tent and belongings?" She asked.

"Nah." I reply while taking a sip of my drink. "Don't have anything to pack up. Been sleeping in a tree al this time."

"Oh." She said. "What are you two drinking?"

"IRN BRU. It's a Scottish soft-drink. Want one?" I ask while summoning a can for her.

"So, that's how you have been feeding yourself and Sage."

"Aye, it's one of Hestia's blessings."

Artemis stared at me, like she was trying to solve a puzzle in her mind.

"You know Geordie, there is something rather familiar about you."

I began to panic.

"Ok Will, play this cool so she doesn't figure you out."

"Well, your an over four-thousand year old goddess who spends her time roaming around in the wild. Wouldn't be surprised if I picked up a stone from a river and you recognised it." I said.

"...fair enough." She said. Then she turned and walked away.

"Oh thank the gods." I thought.

"Someone's keeping secrets~." Teased Sage.

"Shut up or I'm cutting you off from my food." I retorted.

Sage huffed. "Ok fine. Only because Thalia's cooking is terrible."

We laughed at this as the hunters finished packing up camp.

It took a few hours to reach our destination. I was the rearguard because, like the other newbies, I was not as fast as the veteran hunters. We were crossing a field of strawberries, approach a hill with a single, tall, pine tree on top. I was a bit shocked to see a snake like monster wrapped many times around its trunk, as well as what looks like golden fur rug hanging from its lowest branch.