Chapter - 15 | Catching Up

[Hey Lads and Lasses! Time for another chapter. Hope you've all had a great Easter!]

[- Pringles out!]

The flames died down around me and I could see the familiar surroundings of mine and Lily's home. Stepping out of the hearth and looking around, it appeared that not much has changed, apart from the fact that a few of my hoodies we strewn across the log that we slept against.

"I guess she missed me more than I thought."

Suddenly, a twig snapped. I summoned Fax and turned to see a small figure wearing a ghilli-suit and holding a gun. Before I could ask, the figure spoke.

"Who are you and why are you here?!" They said.

It's was Lily. I'd recognise that voice anywhere. And she was using my stuff.

"I said who are you!" She shouted.

"Hey hey, calm down." I said, lowering my blade. "It's me."

I could see a lot different of emotions emitting from her as she began to realise who I am.

"Did ya miss me, pet?" I said.

With that, she dropped my rifle and tackle me into a hug. We stayed like that for about a minute until I realised that she was crying a bit.

"Hey now, pet. It's alreet. I missed ya too." I said.

She said something but it was muffled by my chest and cloak.

"What was that?" I asked.

"One - fucking - month! - What - in Hades - we're you - thinking!?!" She shouted, giving me a punch with every break.

"Ow." It didn't hurt much, I just wanted her to feel better. "So... how are ya?"

"Where have you been?!" She demanded.

"Travelling with the Hunt like I said. I did leave you a note."

"Yeah well you could have woken me up before you left!"

I just laughed. She was putting on a real pouty face, arms crossed and everything. After a bit of my laughter, she just rolled her eyes and smile.

"So," she began. "Tell me about your time in the Hunt."

And so I began the long tale of pranks, attacks, ambushes, and occasional sexism. I also told her about me saving Sage and how we spent a lot of the time just vibing.

"Don't worry she can never replace you, me bonny lass."

"Shut up." She said quietly.

I chuckled at this.

"So anyways, what about those gifts that Lady Hestia gave you?" Lily asked.

"Well first there's these rings. They can transform into either daggers or a sword." I said while showing off my blades by summoning them.

"Oooooo. So what are their names?" She asked.

"Do weapons always have to have names?"

"Only the good ones."

"Fair." I replied. "The daggers are called Silex and Scintilla, and the sword is called Fax."

"Nice names. Did you use google translate again?"

"No... yeah, yeah I did"

Lily gave a quick laugh.

"Yeah well, I can also summon almost any food and drink I can think off." I pulled out a packet of her favourite biscuits,

Hobnobs.

It was an XL packets as well. That shut her up. She tried to reach for the pack but I pulled it away last second. She gave me one of her famous puppy-dog eyes and, c'mon, I had no other choice but to give them to her.

I continued as she sat there happily eating her biscuits.

"I also have resistance to extreme temperatures and control over fire... sort of."

Lily paused from her eating and looked at me.

"What do you mean, "sort of" ?" She asked.

"Well I've had the rare fireball every once I a while, but mostly I can do this." And I set my eyes aflame.

"Ok, that's pretty cool." Lily said.

"Yeah, still working on it though." I paused for a moment. "Oh! I also have this cloak. It magically hides my face and helps me blend in with any environment."

"I guess you won't need this then." She says while indicating to my ghilli-suit.

"Well I could let you use it, or give it to one of the hunters." I replied. "I'll be taking back my rifle and ammo by the way."

"Fine by me. It's quite heavy for me."

"That's because you have the body of an eight year old, pet. So how have you been then?"

"Good, good. Not much happened. Just stayed with Harry mostly."

"Ah, ok. Anyways, how about I spent the night here, for your sake, then I'll get up early to head back to Camp Half-Blood in the morning. Sound good?" I asked.

"Yeah," she yawned. "Sounds good."

And with that we quickly fell asleep.

I was up at 7am, which gave me plenty of time to wake up, slide out from under Lily's head, drink a can of IRN BRU and get some sugar into my system. I didn't make myself some breakfast as I wanted to see what Camp had to offer.

I gave Lily a light shake.

"Wakey wakey, sleepyhead." I said.

"Mmmh. What are you doing?" She asked.

I smiled at her forgetfulness. "Waking you up to say goodbye."

She yawned. "Ugh, ok. Good luck. Just make sure to visit more often."

"Will do. By the way I've left you some biscuits." I said.

"Thaaaank yooooou..." she said tiredly.

And with that I picked up my rifle and it's ammo, put it on my back beneath my cloak, stepped onto the campfire l, and with one last goodbye, transported myself to Camp Half-Blood where I was met with the sounds and smells of breakfast time...

...and a rather pissed off Artemis.

[Hey Lads and Lasses! Hope you've enjoyed that chapter. Thanks for all the votes and adding this to reading lists.]

[- Pringles out!]