Chapter Four [Liam]

*This chapter contains multimedia relevant to the plot*

(this time, I'll include a comment on each image with the transcript in case someone doesn't have internet, or there's a problem with Wattpad)

**

At first, I'm not quite ready to get up and move on.

But after a few minutes lying in my messed up bed, naked between tangled up sheets, with a tray of dirty dishes next to me and Eli's warmth long gone from my own skin, I feel sorry for my own pathetic self and get in the shower. 

I'm in no hurry as I get dressed after. I missed my window for a morning run. By now, the streets of Lake City are busy with tourists and the resort staff. And my training session today isn't until three-PM.

I could go down, shadow whoever's working the morning shift at The Lodge. If it's Hannah, I could squeeze some gossip out of her, lead her astray from her obligations to chat.

I could also call Chloe and pester her until lunch time, and then we could head to practice together.

I could swing by my parents' house, see what Leah or my mom are up to and tag along against their will.

Either option would be a sorry excuse to half-busy myself and try to forget Eli's taste on my lips, his touch on my skin, the feel of him underneath my fingertips, the sound of his morning voice in my head.

I call these Eli hangovers. The way he lingers on my mind even after leaving. 

I think my Eli hangovers been getting longer and longer lately. It also feels a hundred times worse knowing he's not just hopping on a plane away from me right after. No, this time he's here. In the same town. 

Maybe I could go to the rink. Though on a Sunday morning it should be packed, getting on the ice is the only thing that truly takes my mind off anything else.

My phone vibrates on the nightstand, where I have it plugged to the charger.

I'm surprised to see Mack's contact ID.

It takes all of two seconds for the metaphorical bulb to light up over my head

It takes all of two seconds for the metaphorical bulb to light up over my head. I rush to the door and open it.

Sure enough, there she stands, arms stretching to the sides in a silent 'tcha-nah'. 

"Uhm. Hi." I step aside to let her in. 

Combing her fingers through her dark roots to pull her hair off her face, she drops a bright yellow duffel bag on my floor. "I went straight to your house after my mom picked me up at the airport. Your sister sent me here instead." She sounds almost reproachful as she plops down on the cushioned armchair in my room.

I raise my eyebrows. "I barely ever stay at my parents' these days."

"Yeah." She cocks her head. "Well, I forgot."