Chapter Twenty-One (pt. 1) [Liam]

Almost everyone's already there when I go down from my room to The Lodge.

Olie sees me first. She stands so I can take a seat at the circular booth by the window, next to Chloe. Olie slides back in next to me, making us a little tight.

Gus sits next to Chloe, followed by Olie redheaded friend Kate, who's leaning into Olie's ex Trey Coleman's shoulder. Next to Trey, sit James Lowell and Chloe's brother Connor.

Paige comes over, her gray apron around her waist and a low blonde ponytail. "Hey, guys."

Connor smiles at her, stepping outside the booth to kiss her on the cheek. "Hey," he says to a blushing Paige.

I have no idea when and how that particular development took place, but I don't really care either.

"Thought you and Han were joining us. Not working," Olivia says with a little frown.

As if on cue, Hannah steps out of the kitchen in an identical apron and ponytail, waving at us with one hand while the other balances a tray.

"We will," Paige says. "Finn is late for his shift and Daisy is sick, so Han and I are doing a little overtime, but we'll be done soon."

"Can you take our orders while you're on overtime?" Kate asks, batting her made-up lashes.

Olie looks at her. "Kay."

"What?" Kate pouts.

"It's fine." Paige smiles, pulling out a notepad and pen from the pocket on her apron. "What will you be having?"

"A mocha latte with extra cream, please," Kate orders.

"Just plain decaf for me," Trey Coleman says, sliding an arm around Kate's shoulders.

Paige nods, scribbling on her pad. "One mocha latte with extra cream, one decaf-," she glances up at the rest of the table, "-two lattes, one with almond milk for Nat, one with normal milk for Gus, one sugarless black coffee for Chloe, an expresso for Liam, two hot chocolates for Connor and James, and one cappuccino for Olie."

She looks up, while she's still finishing off writing something. "Anything to eat? Besides a slice of 'the most outrageous cake we have' for Olie?"

Olie grins. "You do your job good."

"I think that's all, Paige, thanks," Nat says.

"Actually, I want that outrageous slice too," Gus says.

"That's not on your diet plan," Chloe teases through a half-smile.

Gus doesn't even look up. "It's Christmas, Chloe. Fuck the diet plan."

Chloe raises her eyebrows. "Gee, okay. No need to get pissy."

"I'll be right back with your orders," Paige tells us before taking off.

"Are we waiting for anyone else besides Rachel?" Olie asks.

I look at her. "Rachel is coming?"

She smiles shrewdly at me. "Yeah."

I frown. "I didn't know she was in town."

"Got here last night," Olie says.

"Okay."

"I think Devin Miller is coming too," Connor chimes in.

"The skier?" Kate asks, at the same time Trey asks, "Dean's brother?"

"Yeah," Connor says.

"I think he and Hannah are together," Nat says.

Kate wrinkles her nose. "That's weird. Didn't Han have a thing with Dean?"