Ch. 4 - Love for rent

Inks POV:

I doodled on the white sheet of paper in my sketchbook, Trying to not look at the time as I waited for the long school hours to end. It felt like an eternity, Until the school bell finally rang.

I began to pack up my stuff as Error stood up before me, Waiting for me to finish packing as he was supposed to go to my house after this.

As I finished packing, I followed Error as we walked out of the school together, Heading for my house as I took the lead.

We spent the entire time walking and talking about school drama. Whereas rumors, Stupid people, and especially the ones we hate. I also kept going on about Dream and Cross, Thinking that they would probably break up soon because of Cross's cheating behavior. I kept wondering how Dream didn't mind that Cross was a cheater. And yet the sweet sunshine is still with this man.

As we finally stopped for my house, I unlocked the door as my room was a full mess. Error's walking then had became stiff as he tried not to step on my cluttered stuff, Wearing a solemn expression as I could tell he was uncomfortable by how much little space there was.

"Jesus Christ Ink. Have you ever cleaned up your house?"

"Cleaning up is not my thing. Also, Be careful. There's spilled paint over there."

The taller sighed heavily, Sitting down on one of my couches that were actually cleaner than the other areas.

"Alright, so. What's your plan?"

"Error.. It's kinda embarrassing."

He groaned as he took out his water bottle from his backpack, Turning the cap.

"I came here all the way to your house just because I wanted to hear about your plan. Just spit it out Ink, it can't be that bad. I hope."

He muttered the last sentence as he drank from his water bottle.

"U-Uh.."

He looked at me, Making this situation feel more awkward. I fidgeted with my fingers, Stuttering as I did so.

"Do you.. W-Would you.. Want to go out on a fake date with me?"

Error choked on his water, Spitting it out as I flinched a bit, Looking away.

"WHAT?"

"Look, it's just-"

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND?"

He looked up, Having a face of disgust.

"Look, It's just for 100 days!"

I argued back as the other sighed heavily.

"Out of all people, Why me?"

"Cause, You're the only person I talk to so far.."

The conversation fell into silence as I could tell Error was ready to leave.

"My god. Sooo many choices of plans, and this is what you're thinking about? Getting your former enemy to be your fake date?"

".. B-But What else could I do to make Cross jealous?.."

"Whatever, I don't care. There is NO way I am saying yes to that."

Error got up as he zipped up his backpack, Getting ready to leave.

"Okay fine, What do you want me to do for you if you accept my offer?"

"Now that's more like it."

He sat back down, Thinking about it for a few seconds as we both remained silent.

"100 days of fake dating, Then 100 days of you doing whatever the hell I say."

"Man, This takes me back when we were enemies."

"So?"

"Fine. Deal."

The glitch sighed as he sat in a more comfortable position, Thinking about how we're supposed to fake date.

"So with this fake date idea of yours, What the hell do you want me to do?"

"I'll just say you're my.. Lover, And that's it."

"That wouldn't be so believable."

I hummed, Trying to add up the idea.

"Then we could just hug! Satisfied?"

"Fine. Seems easier than I thought. There's no way I am going to kiss your ass though."

I laughed, Yeah, There's no way I could kiss my former enemy. Just hugging is enough.