Ch. 13 - Cried myself to sleep

Inks POV:

I woke up extra early today without my alarm going off to remind me as usual. Today was different. I spent all night crying with a million thoughts rushing around my head.

My pillow was stained with the black tears as it went dry overnight. However, I couldn't stop crying. I don't know why.

I don't want to go to school, crying for no reason.

Am I getting jealous again?.. hell, I don't even like him. And I was never meant to be.

The thought made me sob even more as I avoided the memories we shared together.

I wasn't sure on what to do next. But what I do know is that, I don't want to talk to him.

I started to get ready as I took my time since I woke up more early than usual. I wore a pair of baggy brown jeans and a brown jacket, white shoes; and my usual brown scarf.

My scarf is going to be useful today. It could hide my tears, but it's going to get wet.

I went out and walked to school, crying my way throughout the few minutes.

Error's POV:

I biked to school as my black denim jacket flew around, leaving my blue jeans cold while my blue scarf kept getting in the way. Yesterday was a normal day; only except the fact that Ink and I just couldn't confront each other. That was different, and it was a big problem.

However, I'm sure that we will be able to talk today and pretend that nothing happened, like as if we didn't kiss twice together a few days ago.

As I arrived, I parked my bike onto the schools bike racks; just in time to see Ink walking on his own.

It was my time to approach him. and I did.

"Hey, In—"

He shivered and looked at me with his eyes widened in shock. He immediately ran away when he saw me.

What was that? Maybe he's still not used to our act that we did a few days ago. But then his eyes looked like it was swelling. His eyes weren't glowing brighter as usual, too. It used to be a bright, shiny star; but now I just see nothing.

Something's wrong. I can feel it.

Inks POV:

Why did I run away like that?.. it was like I just couldn't control myself anymore. When I saw Error approaching, it made me want to cry even more. But why? This hurts. IT hurts.

As I went to class, I saw Error sat beside me in silence while he placed his bag down.

"Hey.. Ink?"

I went silent. Why can't I say anything? I want to, but for some reason it just feels like my mouth is shutting down on its own.

Error kept looking at me which made me want to leave right away.

I stared at the table as I tried to keep my sobbing quietly. What was I supposed to do?

It was obvious that I kept shaking. What am I going to tell Error when he finds out?

Throughout all of the classes we were in, we were both silent since I was not participating.

That is, until he started to approach again at the end of the day.

I stood by my school locker to breathe for a moment before leaving.

".. Ink."

I looked up immediately as I stood back in fear. Error's tone sounded serious, and that wasn't so pleasing.

I tried to run away again, but Error pulled me back by the arm before I wanted to do so.

"Hey, don't run away from me again. This isn't like you at all. Why are you avoiding me like this?"

My sobbing grew louder as I finally looked up at Error, which made me say the unthinkable.

"I.. I—.."

I stuttered repeatedly as I had trouble speaking.

"What?"

Error kept ahold of my arm as I saw him glitch the slightest.

"d-DO YOU THINK LOVE IS JUST A GAME TO YOU?!"

I pulled away immediately, speaking up without thinking about my words at all.

I shouted as Error had fear and confusion trapped in his eyes. I should've stopped speaking but I couldn't.

"... Y-you were the f-first person I've ever loved.. e- even though I can't f-feel anything.. at all.."

I looked down with my voice changing to a more calmer voice, crying rapidly as I stared at the ground.

"Ink.. I don't—"

"I saw.. I-I saw you with.. with them.."

Error was confused. He kept hesitating to speak.

"With what? Who?"

"You.. you were talking t-to someone.. you both had matching t-tattoos and the both of y-you looked so.. happy.."

He sighed as he looked away.

".. That was a friend. We never even had anything—"

I disrupted.

"N-No.. I could recall.. you two were.. m-made for each other.."

"Ink, he's not even—"

".. I love you, Error. But you're not mine."

I said my last words before I ran away from him. And this time, he didn't stop me. Error stood there with a dull look in his eyes that were filled of sorrow. Why did I say all of that?.. what was I thinking?

I cried alone in the streets, gripping onto the piece of fabric on my coat, crying as I couldn't see well with the amount of tears that were overflowing my eyes.

I walked and walked. There were no longer words that could describe the absence of my emotions. What is it?.. troubled, miserable, pitied, and melancholic.

I looked at the sunset that kissed my cheeks, walking alone on the streets where no cars were driven.

My raging thoughts came over me until I got a notification from a certain person named Reaper.

Who is this?.. and how did they find my number?

That doesn't matter right now. All I want to do is goof around and cry