Ch. 8 - Not love again

"Ink? Error? What's taking you two so long!—"

Dream huffed with Cross standing beside him, Ink then had stood up and looked back at Dream, wiping away his tears immediately so Dream won't think something bad happened.

"Oh? S-Sorry, we were just uh.."

Inks legs moved back and forth, trying to think of an idea.

"W-We were kinda embarrassed about the kiss, y'know.. we never really kiss in front of others, haha.."

He fake laughed nervously with Dream jumping around. Dream obviously loved them being a thing, he was proud that the two of them have made it this far.

"Aw!~ Sorry if it felt like we forced you two to do that but, you should've told me! But you guys are still so cute together, so I couldn't hold it!"

"It's alright Dream. We're doing.. quite alright now."

Ink smiled at the other as he looked back at Error.

"Well.. he's rebooting. He'll come back to normal soon."

"Oh dear.."

As the glitches and errors had disappeared from Error's sight, he had eventually looked around in confusion.

".. shit. I can't believe I just said that I liked you, In—"

Error stood up with Ink immediately covering his mouth as Error realized that Dream and Cross were here.

Dream and Cross stared at the both of them in confusion, processing what Error just said.

"Did you just say—"

"wHaT? I didn't hear anything—"

Ink sweated, acting oblivious as he looked at his watch.

"O-Oh hey, would you look at the time! It's getting late!—"

"Ah, your right.. Well, we should do this next time! Our first hangout with the 4 of us felt waaay too short!"

Error's eyes widened as Ink interrupted.

"Yeah! For sure! I promise that we won't waste any more of our time from discussing in private, haha.."

Dream smiled as the both of them had started to walk away, Dream waving at the other as they were ready to leave.

"Alright! See you tomorrow, Ink and Error!"

"See you!"

Ink waited for the couple to leave, then releasing his hand from Error.

The taller sighed in relief. Well, that went alright. Well, almost.

"I could've crashed again with your hand on my mouth for the entire time."

"Aha.. Sorry."

Looking back at Error, Ink then had started to blush a little as he realized what Error said before he started to crash.

"S-So.. y-you were saying that you like—"

"Huh? I don't remember saying that."

No. He knew he said that; he just wanted to run away from the truth.

"What? But your memory is better than mine!"

"Sure I do. You were probably hallucinating."

Error tried to stay calm, hoping that Ink could just ignore it since he already knows that Ink is pretty dumb.

"Hm.. alright.."

Ink muttered, then changing the topic immediately.

"Oh well, I have to go home.. see y-"

"Woah woah woah, hold that thought."

Error cleared his throat with his arms crossed as he stood up straight, avoiding eye contact with Ink.

As soon as Ink wanted to walk away, he glanced at the taller while adjusting his scarf.

"Look, my parents and I have moved in recently.. and it turns out that I live right next to you. So I guess I have to walk home with you now."

Error walked forward before Ink as the shorty felt excited. What a coincidence; doesn't that mean he could bother Error at any time? Who knows.

"Woah. I could talk to you everyday then!"

"I really hope you won't bother me often though."

Ink chuckled as he followed the other with his mood changing immediately. It felt like his main problem with Cross doesn't matter anymore.