The Blazing Star

"Lera had taken her family's ship to get off world

"Lera had taken her family's ship to get off world. The freighter was named The Blazing Star. It was an unusual looking ship you see, resembling more a conventional sea galleon than a typical star freighter. At the bow of the ship lay a horned dragon figurehead with an open mouth. Inside the mouth was a hidden laser cannon."

"Woah!" Little Ikril exclaimed.

"I've never heard of ships like that!" Said little Ievin. "That must have been very old!"

"It was indeed one of its kind," Ole Ive explained. "The ship was handmade by Drisad welders out of some black-gold metal that glitters when sunlight hits it."

"How old do you think it was?" Little Ikril asked.

"These ship models were very ancient and were built soon after 'The Great Dying' migration by Drisads to protect themselves from space pirates as they searched for a new home. No one has ever seen a ship like this since butThe Blazing Star has been in the Neacon family for at least 15,000 years."

"Did the ship use coaxium?" Little Ievin asked.

"Hmm, not quite. The amidships held tall black solar panel sails that powered the ship, though it also had a backup power if the sails were damaged, one kyber crystal to power the ship for a life-time. I've been aboard it you know?"

"Grandpa, you've been aboard the ship?" Ikril asked. "What did it look like?"

 "Well, all the windows were tinted black so they blended into the ship. The port, starboard and stern sides were also equipped with laser cannons. Only the stern side cannon could be moved freely to shoot enemies. The rest of the cannons were immovable, which limited its shooting range, making it vulnerable to attacks from above. The blackness of the ship made it difficult to spot in the vastness of space, which allowed it to sneak on the sides of the enemy and open fire before they could detect it. The ship ran on sunlight energy that was stored for days, and the ship could operate at minimum power and flyby undetected until it was in shooting range, by which time it was too late for the enemy to take evasive action, making The Blazing Star the perfect stealth combat ship."

"Woah!" The children gasped in disbelief.

"So, you met Lera?" Ievin asked.

"Yes, I'm getting there."