2. Finns POV

Finn's POV:

Why does she always have to look so amazing?!?!?!?!?!?! Who cares that her clothes are in such poor condition???>? Hebeauty is all that matters.

Iv known Nova for 11 years and shes never figured out that I have loved her all this time. 

My heart was racing when she hopped into my baby; my aqua blue dodge ram truck. I grabbed the food I packed for her and handed it to her.

If only I could truly let her in on my secret.

I'm a merman. There it is. I said it. But no one can find out. If they did...let's just say I wouldn't be nova's friend a

ymore. Not just for me but for a lot of other people. Merpeople. Yes, they do exist thankyou very much.

(Ps pic of Finn above)

Much as it kills me not to be able to share who am i with Nova, I can never tell her the truth. Even if I did, she'd probably think I was a) out of mind or b) a freak, and I don't think I can handle that.

"Finn, this is why were best friends." She tells me as she stuffs her face, her puffed cheeks reminding me of those tree rats humans call "squirrels". She's so cut.e 

Wait did she just say best friends???, but what if I wanted to be more than that? 

I play off my reaction to her comment as cool as I can, "And here I thought it was because of my devastating good looks."

(btw he has a 6 pack)

She giggles, and i think That's it. I can't take it anymore. I have to give her her birthday present. Now. She was going to love it. and it would hint at my secret. and then maybe she would actually accept who i am

I catch her looking at me and I say, "Hey, you okay over there? You seem to be thinking pretty hard."

"Oh, it's nothing," she turns away quickly.

"You sure?"

She bites her lip, and my eyes are drawn there. She's so beautiful, her lips the perfect shade of pink. I just want to kiss them. I swallow back my feelings and try to here what she say.

"Well I was thinking that we should go to the Point after school today."

The Point? With me?? Like a date??? But no... I can't. The Point was a swimming hole...Me plus water? No!!!! Not if I wanted to keep my tail and gills a secrit. "No." i say my heart breaking inside I want to go so bad but I can never go there. Not yet

"Come on, Finny." Nova whines," I'll never understand why you don't want to go swimming with me."

"It's not that I don't want to go with you, it's just that I can't..." I mumble under my breath, my fingers clenching and unclenching on the steering wheel.

Nova gets a funny look on her face and before I can question her about it, she turns to look out the window and crosses her arms. I sigh as I pull up to the curb of school to drop her off. If only she knew. Would she accept  reject me?

She opens the door to get out without saying by. "WAAIT," I shout.

She turns around, eyes wide at my sudden outburst. Normally, I'm a pretty cool guy, but something about Nova...She makes me crazy. She makes me want to be reckless. Want to do something as stupid as kiss her.

Now that would ruin everything.

I hand her a little purple box decorated with a silver ribbon. "Here, Nov. Happy Birthday."

She snatches it, looking at me, frustration and confusion conflicting on her face. "Thanks?"

She slams the door, and I smile at her as she walks away.

Maybe one day, we can be together. Maybe one day, she can know the real me. Maybe one day, she will be mine.

-------

A/N:

Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter! The picture on the top is how I picture Finn. ;) Istn he hot????? Hope you enjoyed wolfies <3