Chapter one

ok let's just pretend Mark doesn't exist right now

"I'M NAMING MY DRAGON CARROT!" Jungwoo shouted 'loudly' as he hugged the orange dragonet to death. 

"well then Carrot is cute." Taeyong added as he stroked Carrot's spine. A pitch-black dragonet clung to his shoulders. 

"uuh-just so you know-" 

"yes, Hyung, i know, Shadow has a freaking knife on her tail, but i don't think she's going to kill me just yet because-" He shoved Shadow Hunter into Johnny's face- "LOOK AT HER. ISN'T SHE ADOWABLE LOOK AT HER. LOOK AT HER ADOWABLE EYES AND HER LITTLE SNOOT LOOK AT HER FLAPPY EARS," Shadow blinked at the two boys but said nothing. 

Meanwhile, Tsunami and Snowflake were trying to bite each other's tails. Arrow, Doyoung's dragon and the oldest of all the dragonets, shook his head disapprovingly as he watched from the side. 

Volcano, Johnny's dragonet, and Jaehyun, Firebreath's human were communicating using some sort of mental telepathy. Taeil sat a while away from the four of them. Taeil's egg had not hatched yet. Suho thinks Taeil's dragonet is actually dead because it should have hatched by now but he won't tell the kid. 

let me explain the scene. 127 neos plus random Ten Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul are at the hatchery playing with their dragons. 

Winwin's dragon had not yet hatched yet but was HATCHING NOW APPARENTLY. 

Winwin's dragon is a feather dragon. 

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" the neos went while Taeil, Yuta, and Winwin hugged each other in fear

THE EGG CRACKED

AND OPENED

AND COMBUSTED INTO FLAMES

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" all the neos went for they were six and had no dragon atonomy lessons. 

"WAIT WAIT wAIT THIS IS NORMAL! STOP PANICKING!" Onew shouted loudly but did the neos listen? of course not.

The flames randomly went out and a small brown snout poked its way out of the broken eggshell. "awrrk?" the baby feather dragon said. "awrrrk?"

"aww hello!" Winwin whispered, rubbing the dragonet's chin. Her talons and snout were golden browns, and the rest of her body was covered in tiny pinkish feathers except for her tail, which was covered in a lot of tiny pinkish feathers. 

"You should name her," Taeil hissed quietly while all the other neos were watching Tsunami and Snowflake kill each other. They were barely a week old! Snowflake yowled in fury while trying to bite Tsunami's tail. The dark blue dragonet clawed at Snowflake's snout blindly. 

"mmmmmmh, how about dusk?" 

"Mama?" Dusk said. 

"Oh wow! two minutes old and she can already talk!" Sicheng gasped. 

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" the neos were chanting at Snowflake and Tsunami while Arrow desperately tried to pull the two quarreling dragonets apart. He yelped in surprise when Snowflake angrily shot out a plume of frostbreath. 

"Mama!" Dusk bowled Winwin over and flicked her fluffy tail. 

Winwin sat up. "aww, what a cutie. Dusk, we're going to be best friends for life!" He nuzzled Dusk as she tried to clamber over his arms. 

"Mama!"