Jobs

I woke up and checked my phone, all of a sudden loud music started playing, I threw my phone in fright, I grabbed my phone when I realised that's the source of the music and realised it was the reminder I set on my phone ! I got ready and grabbed my bag. Before putting my phone inside I glanced at the time 12:10!? I needed to get there fast ! I flew past the doors and into the elevator. After what felt like hours, it stopped and got to the bottom floor. I rushed out, luckily the dollar store was one across the street. I saw apple and onion waiting at the entrance, I waved at them, trying to get their attention, still out of breath. They noticed and waved back. I managed to get myself across the road and panted when I stopped.
"What took you so long?" Apple said, messing with a stick he found on the floor,
"I woke up late." I said "anyway, why did you make me come here?" Apple and onion reached behind there backs, and pulled out a job application.
"We got a job at the dollar store !" They both looked very excited ! I congratulated them ! And it hit me...
"shit... I need a job for myself !" I saw the shoe store across the street, and a "employees needed" poster. I found a job :)