𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗗𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘, grey's anatomy

they say gossip spreads around like 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗗𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘

𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗗𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘, grey's anatomy
shepherd sister original character
season seven—season nine

𝗩𝗜𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗔 𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗣𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗗 was a force of nature, ever since she was running around her father's convenience store without a purpose, trotting among and around patient customers as she was avoiding the cracks in the floor, very much unlike her younger sister Amelia. Her older brother Derek would sweep the floors for a dollar, Victoria's other younger sister Liz would help restock the shelves, Amelia would play with anything in sight, and Victoria's older sisters Kathleen and Nancy would help their father behind the counter and around the rest of the store duties, every Sunday morning, bright and early. It was their routine: wake up, get the store ready for the week, go to the church service, brunch as a family following.

Victoria was only eight at the time where the cycle had broken— their father's death. Every night from then on forth, she could hear the gunshot pierce his chest and his moans of pain escape his mouth as he reached out for the gun he had locked up behind the counter. He never made it, and the cops say he was dead on arrival. (The only Shepherd children there that day were Derek, Victoria and Amelia. The oldest and youngest of the three were hidden in the back, behind storage shelves, while Victoria was in the bathroom. Her independent self was convinced she could be a big girl and go to the bathroom by herself, but little did she know, when she got back, her father would be lying on the ground in a pool of his own blood while the bad guys ran away and the fingerprints faded.) The family was never the same.

She wouldn't say that experience changed who she was, in terms of her future occupation. She always wanted to a doctor, ever since she was a toddler and had to be in the hospital for a broken femur. She enjoyed playing with the medical equipment and found it all fascinating. Her siblings starting to be doctors, and sharing that dream, only made her want it more. She wanted to be the best, but she also wanted to make a difference. And it all started with the first glance of a scalpel, the doctor showing her all the instruments in the operating room beforehand because he sensed she'd feel less nervous about the procedure then.

Flash forward to the year 2011, eight months after Seattle Grace Mercy West suffered the wrath of Gary Clark and his need for revenge. Victoria was almost recovered, but her boyfriend Thomas, however, was still an absolute wreck. Thomas was a former veteran and had seen some very graphic horror shows, but the shooting had scarred him farther than any bombing ever had. He felt he needed the comfort of his old stomping grounds, deciding to go back into active service.

Victoria had to find out from Owen Hunt. That was the kicker.

Thomas and Victoria fought, they cried, they screamed, they loved. It was a massacre that their hearts weren't sure they could take before breaking into millions of pieces.

Victoria didn't know if she'd end up staying, or what she'd do, but she knew she'd be fine, even through all the flames erupting around her, just like she was fine with chaos ever since that day in her father's store.

A scalpel was what started the 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗗𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘.

Gossip was what continued the 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗗𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘.

Peace was what ended the 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗗𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘.

VICTORIA SHEPHERD, emilia clarke
(pan. libra. thirty-six.)

THOMAS MATTHEWS, ian somerhalder (bi

(bi. scorpio. forty.)

EVERYONE ELSE, themselves