Chapter 1

Hooty was just about finished digesting the letter that was given to the owl house by a guy (that he thought looked like King but if he was older and was an absent father) when all of the sudden he was struck with an intense wave of depression. He somberly rolled in mud when he realized he had done so much for the people who lived inside him yet nothing for himself, he remained void of any self actualization or fulfilling romance that he so easily was able to provide to others. He straightened up to his full 42069 feet and looked determined; not to focus on self realization, but instead to bury himself more in others lives to completely ignore his own sad sad sad pathetic miserable one.

*~*

     The next morning Hoot had to drag himself out of his 42069 foot bed. With a forced smile he greeted the others in his usual cheerful smile that he always showed, however deep down he was sadden. No one seemed to notice any difference in his mood as Luz rushed to school, saying something about running late and that the hall monitor would probably quite literally eat her alive

 "I can take you there in a second! Just close your eyes and open your mouth wide open for bug, they're scrumptious!" says whooty

    But Luz was already half way out of the door. "Adios!" She called out before shutting the door behind her, in a foreign language that he had come to learn was called Spanish.

     Not long after Eda rushed in, hands filled with various human items as King trailed behind, holding a giant glass rectangle object over his head that had many little colored rocks in it.

      "Oh let me help with that!" Hooty said cheerfully as he grabbed the item off from King's hands.

     "No, it's mine!" King cried as he desperately holding onto it as Hooty picked it up with him dangling on the bottom.

     "If we don't leave now we'll lose precious customers," Eda said as she quickly dumped her item in her magical suitcase and took the glass rectangle from Hooty and King.

     Eda rushed outside and got onto her staff with King seated behind and flew off, without even saying a thank you or a goodbye.

      (10 goober points I'd u guessed the mystery object was a fish tank)

     "Have a good day!" Hooty tried to call after them but they were too far gone to hear.

     With a sad sigh Hooty rested his head on a log.

     "I do so much...but yet feel no self fulfillment. No matter what I do I still feel empty and dissatisfied with my course of life. Will I ever do more than just be a nuisance to others? Will I ever be more than TheOwlHouse™?"

     He looked down at two little bugs who slowly approached each other.

     "But I have done lots, haven't I? So why do I feel this way? No matter what I do I can't escape it, it's always eating at me deep down me. No matter how well I do my job as the house guardian, no matter how much I try to help others, no matter how much I eat and digest food and letters from strange dudes who would look like King's father,I can't seem to shake it off. Will this feeing ever go away?" Hooty asked off into the distance, half hoping an answer would come to him from within the forest.

     "You know what?" He said looking down at the bugs who had now started to fight. "I'm going to help you, to avoid these feelings!" He spontaneously said, his smile forming on his face once again.

     "You two seem like you guys are having a little relationship squabble. You know...I know a thing or two about relationships" he said looking up to the sky in thought as he reflected on past memories. "Sure I may still be single and lonely and probably die that way...but I got Luz and Amity into a relationship and I helped Eda work on her relationship with her inner owl beast! All that is left to help is King and well you guys." Hooty said looking back down where two little bugs who continued to fight. he then got distracted by a cloud (it was normal too no fun shape who knows why the idiot was looking at it). 

     "Ohh bugs!" Hooty exclaim in delight as he swoop down and ate both bugs, happy that he had found himself a little snack, however it was a second too late that he realized what he had eaten.

     "They taste like death (parmesan)..." Hooy said upset that he had not only eaten the very bugs that he wanted to help but he also entirely misunderstood the situation. They weren't having a couples argument but they were trying to eat each other.

      With a sad droop of his head he slowly made his way back home. Maybe one day he'll be able to shake that feeling inside of him, but not today he guessed.

Authors note: take a shot every time hooty eats something