65

"I can officially confirm that the body of Jason Barber has been found and his killers have been placed under arrest and put on trial for their crimes. Unfortunately, this will also be the final case of Detective Hazel White, because, as of this day forward, she will be stepping down from her job, we ask that you refrain from-"

The statement was all they heard for a while. The amount of times it was repeated on the news, the amount of complaints she got because she never revealed who she was as a final act... It would have been too much once.

Once.

They weren't perfect, life wasn't perfect. They were dealing with life and what it threw at them. Fear of disappointment, fear of change, violent thoughts, difficulties in trusting, forgetting pasts and self insecurities. They were problems that were once far bigger, fresher and so much more frightening. But, they weren't alone in them, they weren't alone in their minds or their thoughts. They didn't always understand, but there were always attempts to and that could be enough.

Robin still worked hard, knowing her limits within a cafe. Life was still unsure, she didn't know what would happen in the years to come, nor where she would even find herself. But where she was seemed fine enough, living with a man she trusted since she was twelve, working for a generous cafe owner and beside a boy she had endless amounts of love for with boys who saw her for what she was and who she was. A girl who tried. There were difficulties to come, sure, but she could get through them and she trusted that she would have the help to get through them if she needed it.

She was known now, criticised still by the jealous few. But she was known. People knew her face, her name and the shifts of her personality, the tiny details that made her who she was.

If she was asked, 'who are you?' she would answer, knowing and sure.

'A girl accepted for what she is, a girl moving forward and always sparing only a glance behind her. Tweetie. A girl who survives.'