12

"hey, injun

"hey, injun. did you like your friend?" donghyuck asked as he stared into the sky. he thought it would be a good idea if we went to the beach before going back home. by his suggestion, we ended up sitting on the white sand with the timid ocean waves filling the silence. 

"e-eh?" his question sort of shocked me. 

"your words were so affectionate, it seemed that as if you liked him." 

i had no other choice but to answer. "w-well, it would be hard for me to say i never liked him that way...he was...a good person, definitely. he took care of me well, and he was very calm. i guess if you ask me if i ever loved him, i would say i only realized that i did the moment he stabbed his chest. though, by this point, my feelings for him are long gone. you could say it was a first love type of thing." remembering him put a smile on my face, surprisingly. 

"oh, i see. you two must have gotten really along." 

"..."
it was a peaceful, comfortable silence. 

"hey, hyuck. are you drunk?" i asked out of the blue as the little kiss he gave still lingered in my head. with him drinking that much just now, it was hard to believe he was still sober.

"...drunk?" he started bursting out, laughing for the first time in front of me. it was...really refreshing to see him that happy. "oh gosh, no of course not. i may look like it, but i have a really high tolerance."

his laugh then toned down to a smirk, "so you don't have to worry. that kiss was real, when i was and am sober." he put his hand to his mouth, gasping sarcastically. his fingers made me look up by holding my chin, and leaned closer. "don't tell me, injunnie, you want another one?" 

i gave him a light punch as a response. it was nice to see donghyuck smiling at me...smiling because of me, smiling with me. he was different from that friend, liu yangyang. even though donghyuck reminds me of him, i know he is much more different. my emotions and feelings towards them both are different, as well.

"...love...?"

"hm, what was that, injun?" 

"...yah hyuck." without thinking, i grabbed a hold of the younger's collar and pulled him close, not forgetting to leave a little kiss on his cheek. as he was still in a bit of a surprise, i whispered in his ear words that seemed like i would repeat over and over again to only one pair of ears. "...you're stupid but i love you." 

"h-hey...you're stupid, too, you know?" 

i leaned on his shoulder as i let out a carefree laugh and as the ocean waves crashed. with no one around, with nothing to worry about; it was all calm. it was what i've always dreamed of -- my escape from everything. 

at that time, i couldn't care less about the how long we were there at that beach or how late it was in the dark night. with his smile and comforting gaze, i could stay there without a care in the world.

that was the day i moved on. i moved on from him who was gone, and continued my future with the person i consider my angel who saved me from my hell. the person who taught me to let go. there was so much we didn't know about each other, which made every day learning more about him exciting. in the end, i could look forward to waking up in the morning again, without having a burden to carry, because this emotion of love set me free.

i was fine with everything

i was fine with being tired. i was used to not being happy... but when you came, i ended up wanting to see you again because of the joy you brought to me. 

your warmth made me realize what i felt inside. so the image of that night as the ocean waves crashed and filled the silence will forever be a precious memory for me.

end.