Chapter 4 - Enrollment

After Max leaves the office, Adeline and Caroline sort out some papers as the Mikealsons look around the office there weren't many photos, 3 in total one displayed right behind, Adeline's desk, the Mikealsons recognized the majority of the adults, Stefan, Damon, Elena etc... there were a few who were unfamiliar, one they thought they recognized but they couldn't make out from where and brushed it over, they barely recognized any of the children they could make out a young boy who was Max and also Jenna-Rose.

The other two photos were on her desk facing towards her, one which they assumed were her children which they didn't get a very good look at and another which Rebekah picked up gently tracing the intricate design on the beautiful engraved vintage frame, the photo was of Adeline in a beautiful sleeveless wedding dress as her arms were wrapped around another mans neck, as his hands were firmly attached to her hips bringing her as close as possible as they kissed while her fingers were tangled in the mans hair, his face was difficult to make out, from the angle of the photo.

"Is this your wedding day?" Rebekah questions asking apparently the unobvious  question. "Yeah." Adeline answers with a small smile as if reminiscing the event while she pulls up the papers in front of the Mikealsons.

"You were a beautiful bride." Freya tells her as Adeline gives her a small smile. "Thank you." She answers remembering the fiasco that they were in the middle off, yet that day would always be one to remember amidst the chaos.

"Hope we just have to check some details." Adeline informs her as she opens up a file. "So full name Hope Adeline Mikealson. Tribrid.." she says as Hayley interrupts. "Original Tribrid." She corrects with a small smirk. "Right." She  answers making no move to correct it as she continues.

"How long have you been married?" Klaus questions ignoring the look Elijah sent him as Camille looks to him frustrated. "15 years last spring." She answers as she looks up to see his annoyed expression and inwardly smirks, sure it could've been petty but she enjoyed that and he did ask.

"Didn't take you too long to move on, did it?" As Adeline sighs looking at the man while Hope looks confused, she wan't oblivious obviously her family had a history with her future headmistress, but she would wait until they were home to ask about it, though it was clear that she and her uncle Kol were obviously very close. "There wasn't much to move on from." She tells him as Kol snorts covering it up slightly by clearing his throat as Klaus looks annoyed. "Rude." Camille scoffs.

"Well personal questions will do that to you." Adeline remarks as Caroline refrains from smirking at the girl who doesn't even look up from her computer to meet Klaus's wife. She was getting annoyed at the women, it's not Adeline's fault that Klaus's jealousy is seeping through, you'd think the women with a psychology degree would notice the signs of a wandering husband, 1000 year old hybrid or not.

"We didn't know you were still in mystic falls." Rebekah points out, hoping to ease some of the tension.

"Well of course I am, I'm not the one who runs from my problems plus my husband was born here." Adeline adds as they wince slightly at the jab as there is a knock at the door.

"Come in." Adeline calls out, Adeline knew from that moment that it wasn't one of her own kids they would never knock and she was right as the door opened Josie's head popped through giving her mother and aunt a slightly strained smile. "Hi, um mom clean up, Isle L." As Caroline looks to her best friend almost in apology as Adeline waves it off. Lizzie was more important that the the drama with the Mikealsons.