14

Barely two weeks after bashir left, he called only once which was the day of there deployment, he said he's going to be on the sea for a very long time, they talked for about an hour and he haven't call since then, do his sister's called her once in a while and both sister's promise to visit her soon.

"Mamah keep it,
Nikam barna da kike yi kwana kinan ya soma isana." Zahra'u say collecting the television remote the little girl is using to hit the TV screen.

There's a loud bang on the door that makes her glance at the door, she quickly stand up and saunter to the door and open it.

"Good ev.....

" keep your greetings to yourself."Ammi say and nudge pass her entering the apartment with her two teenage girls.

"Ikon Allah
I still cannot believe why bashir think he has right more than anyone in this house, look at this apartment it's almost furnished like mine." They say looking around as zahra'u just stand with her daughter in her hand.

"Mummy come and see this bedroom,
Children nursery." Amal say as zahra'u just look at the middle age woman as they ransacked the apartment.

She doesn't know what she is thinking but this is surely unexpected.

"Toh madam,
I come to tell you that this apartment will be vacated because my mum is coming to stay here,
If you want you can leave if you can't leave because you are a witch there's a room in the house where everyone is, you can come and stay.
Nidai ba zan koreki ba Dan wanan tsinannen yaron idan ya dawo ba mutunci gareshi ba.
My mum will be coming tomorrow evening it's enough time for you to park your things." Ammi say and zahra'u nod.

"Insha Allah tomorrow morning i will move my things to the main building." Zahra'u say as ammi and her two children give her a very irritated look.

"You better do,
Nonsense, I don't know why Alhaji always listen to this boy, how can he even keep this strange girl,
Allah ka dai yasan da ga ina ta ke, ga yarinya amma wai ita Bashir ya gani yache zai aura." Ammi say really upset as zahra'u just stand by the door listening to all the insulting and abusive word they say to her and her daughter.

After what seems like forever they both leave and zahra'u sigh, if she can she will leave because humiliation isn't something she like but she already promise Bashir she will wait, no matter what she will go through Zahra'u already knows she can endure as much pain and humiliation until bashir comes back.

Zahra'u spend the entire night parking, she can't believe how many stuffs she have, there are just soo many clothes especially her daughter's that she is left with no choice than to leave some in the wardrobe in the bedroom, ammi shows her the bedroom which is downstairs with a bathroom and a medium size wardrobe in it for her to stay.

Zahra'u arranged her things with her daughter's in the bedroom, she even bring some of mamahs toys and keep it for her in the side of the bedroom, she tidy up the bedroom and make it comfortable for the both of them.

"Zahra'u." A voice call gaining her attention as she come out of the bathroom with her daughter.

"Na'am ammi." Zahra'u answer dropping mama on the bed as the door open.

"Sai ki fito ki girka abincin tunda ba gidan ubanki bane,
Nobody is going to tolerate that stupidity here, henceforth you will do all the chores in this house because nobody is going to be your maid that will cook food and give it to you." Ammi say and zahra'u nod.

"I will just dress mamah and i will come to the kitchen." Zahra'u say and ammi hiss before leaving the bedroom.

Zahra'u sigh with a facepalm and sit on the bed grabbing her daughter's diapers and clothe with the body lotion.
Ammi and her daughter's have vacate the entire foodstuff Bashir stock in the apartment kitchen, Zahra'u doesn't mind doing the chores, she already have all she need, a place to stay and wait for bashir, she also pack all the cereals and the excessive diapers Bashir bought before he left with her so she doesn't have anything to worry about for now,
Once she finished dressing her daughter she back her and head to the kitchen where ammi has already arrange everything for her on the kitchen island to cook, she release a deep breathe and mutter Rice and stew it is before she grab the pot from the cabinet.

Halfway through the cooking little mamah begin crying probably hungry and tired of been on the back.

"Zahra'u." a familiar voice call making her to turn.

"Ya khalifah
Good afternoon." Zahra'u greet as khalifah smile.

"Afternoon,
Why is she crying?
Did she want something?" Khalifah ask worriedly staring at the little girl as zahra'u shake her on her back as she continue cooking.

"Yeah,
She will be fine,
She just want to sleep." Zahra'u say and khalifah nod.

"Let me help you w.....

" no it's fine,
I will soon be done, I will feed her and she will go to bed before you know it,
Thank you."Zahra'u say politely with a smile as Bashir warning voice keeps ringing in her ears.

Khalifah stare at Zahra'u and her daughter for a while before releasing a deep breathe with a facepalm.

"Zahra'u,
I know ya Bashir and i don't have the best relationship but believe me i don't have any motive with helping,
I just want to be nice to you because you are a nice person and little mama is like a sister to me,
I understand he doesn't have the best relationship with mum and siblings but I am my ownself, I can differentiate right and wrong. " Khalifah say as zahra'u nod.

"I'm sorry for my attitude ya khalifah but believe me bashir doesn't have anything to do with this and it's not that i don't trust you i am just insecure when it comes to people in general." Zahra'u say and Khalifah nod.

"It's OK,
If you need any help please let me know." Khalifah say and exit the kitchen making Zahra'u to sigh.

Once she finish cooking she notify ammi before she sashy back to her bedroom with little mamah now asleep on her.

Drop your comments and votes.

Love you