32

Looking at the medium, tastefully furnished parlour, Zahra'u glance at the wine-colour heavy curtains covering the window, the walls were black, they were 3 black leather couch in the parlour , a television set that look soo dusty for a human being to be living, she scan the dim parlour with her eyes and release a heavy breathe.

"Salamu'alaikum." She say a little uncertain but there's no single sound just her heavy breathing and her daughter's bluffing.

Zahra'u release a heavy sigh and decide to head to the bedroom that is said to be hers, she walk quietly her legs pounding on the dusty black tiles leaving a trail of her footprints.
She push the door open and isn't suprise to see it's clad in another impeccably black furniture, the difference it's they look neat and well kept, she drop her daughter on the bed and scan the bedroom.

This is her new home, she thought and stand up opening the heavy black curtains that is in the window letting the morning sunrise to penetrate through the window.

"Mamah." Zahra'u say with a weak smile at the little girl who's smiling and gnawing on her small hand, she pick her phone from the bag and call Hashim, after three rings he pick and Zahra'u let him know she arrived safely. They talk for a while before she ended the call and decide to clean up the house to make it more like a home.

She open her suitcase and hand some of the rubber toys to her daughter before exiting the bedroom.

Standing in the kitchen scanning the sorrounding as if searching for something is a tall, bronze skin man, he is around 30-33 years of age, a perfectly square-jawed, dark caramel deep eyes give him a notorious look to die for.

"Hi." A voice say gaining his attention.
Zahra'u stare weirdly at the creepy man.

She watch as he grab a black mug from the very dirty looking cabinet and give her a disdain look that makes her step back.

"I'm Zahra'u." She say staring at the man, who's now turning a white substance into the mug.

"Are you Bilal?" She ask and he once again look up giving her a dreadful look and she avert her gaze to the dusty floor.

"Your dad ask me to come a........Zahra'u stay quiet giving him a creepy look at the way he constantly turn whatever mixed is in the mug.

He grab the mug and throw it on the floot shattering it into pieces and Zahra'u look down in horror, it is now she notice there are multiple broken mugs on the floor, she look up at him in confusion and he reach out to the cabinet, grabbing another mug and she shake her head in disbelief.

Now she doesn't have a single doubt this is the man she marry, he's Bilal and there's no doubt he need some serious psychological attention, he pour the white content into the mug turning it as he stare at the substance as if studying it and then throw the mug on the floor.

" did you do this every single day or are this mug just for today?"Zahra'u ask scanning the floor with multiple shattered mugs.

He reach out to grab another mug and Zahra'u quickly grab his hand.

He give her a gravely look that send a creepy feeling that makes the hair on her body stand, she let go his hand at once and watch as he exit the kitchen.

"Well,
Who said life gets better?" Zahra'u say tiredly to herself and grab the long broom standing by the kitchen door.

For Bilal this isn't the first time his dad will sent some random women to stay with him, they barely spend a week and run for there dear life do to his behaviour, they find him odd and scary which it isn't a suprise, he is a psychopath said the psychiatrist,

Zahra'u spend the next two hours cleaning the house, she sweep,mop and dust everywhere, she stare around with a triumph smile at how neat the environment look, she has empty the store and remove the expire food that stock the large store room and leave the good once, her daughter has sleep, even she herself is tired, she set the pot on the stove and turn it on with a sigh, a simple jellof rice will do, there's everything she need to cook that, a screaming sound is what gain her attention and she quickly exit the kitchen.

She stare at the 3bedroom listening attentively and the sound is coming from the 2nd bedroom she grab the door handle in hesitant, do not enter any bedroom."says malik but a painfully agonizing scream Pierce through the apartment and she swing door open.

"Damn it." He say hitting his head hard on the wall as Zahra'u stare at him, she look around the tarred bedroom, there are clothes all over the floor and empty plates of foods with numerous empty containers .

She watch terrify as he grab one of the plates and throw it on the wall screaming as if that will cure him or makes him feel better.

"Bilal." Zahra'u call and she can see how instantly his head snap to her direction.

"Do....A..are you OK?" Zahra'u ask staring worriedly at him, he have a heavy scruffy beard that give him a dirty appearance.

Bilal storm to the door and quickly grab her by the hand and throw her out of the bedroom before slamming the door shut.

Zahra'u stare at the bedroom door in horror, can she even stay here with her daughter?
Are they safe?
Because bilal is a maniac, he's aggressive and violent but then

My son is not a psychopath, he just need someone to mend his broken self."Alhaji said earlier to her, Zahra'u wonder, what is his story, what turns him into the wild animal that he is and she wonder,
can she really mend him?