36

"I don't think Bilal is capable of handling something like this right now, even do he's getting better but he snapped unexpectedly even at the most insignificant things."zahra'u say to Alhaji Amin, she was summoned to his call this early morning which is very odd and she is suprise when Alhaji mention he want Bilal to start coming to the office with him.

"But can't he try even do is once in a week, I really need Bilal to be a part of my company, it's high time everyone knows the "Amin empire" have an heir, I'm desperate zahra'u and i know i can count on you."Alhaji Amin say and zahra'u release a deep breathe.

"Alhaji if everyone knows you have a son is good but what will they think if the son is not psychological fit for the position, Bilal is healing and i will suggest you give him time, let's see from now to another 3months and i suggest he maybe see a therapist."zahra'u say and Alhaji nod.

"You will be the one to convince him he need a therapist because Bilal doesn't like people thinking he isn't mentally fit."Alhaji say and zahra'u nod.

"I will try sir."zahra'u say and Alhaji Amin nod with a smile.

He's thankful for zahra'u without her his son wouldn't have been the person he is today, even do he barely speak to him he's glad there's someone he is willing to open up to and he confide in, zahra'u was indeed a blessing to his son.

"I will go back inside."zahra'u announce standing up as Alhaji Amin give her a thoughtful look, he's not sure if it's the right time for everyone to know zahra'u is Bilal wife there are certain things he's still figuring out and until it is finalise only then he will be satisfy to tell his family zahra'u is Bilal wife.

From the beginning of the compound zahra'u can hear an incoherent noise coming from the apartment which makes her fasten her footstep even more, Bilal was still in his bedroom when she left and she wonder if he's awake.

"Ya Bilal you....... zahra'u quickly enter the apartment and Bilal is sitting on the couch with three girls with him.

"What are you doing here?"she ask quickly opening the door wide pointing outside.

"Out."she say and Bilal who's just staring at zahra'u not knowing what to say give the girls a look of confusion.

"He's our brother you can't keep controlling him like you own him,
You are iso........

"I say out."zahra'u say as she glance at the plate of fried plantain.

"Or what will you do?"one of the girls say standing with hands akimbo.

"Bilal go to your bedroom."zahra'u say and Bilal leave the parlour, he just cannot say no to whatever zahra'u say, she's like the only light in his dark world and defying her is something he cannot do.

"Great.
So you now own him Right."one of the girls say with her hands akimbo.

"Leave the apartment."zahra'u say not interested in whatever the girls want to say.

"Or what will you do?
You see this stunt you are pulling,
It won't last, eventually Bilal will not listen to you. Nonsense."one of the girls say and exit the apartment, each giving zahra'u a glare before walking out and she slam the door shut with a sigh, she grab the plate of the soggy plantain soak with oil and trash it with the plate before quickly heading to Bilal bedroom.

"Bilal."zahra'u voice snap him out of his thoughts and he walk to the door,
He grab the door handle and open it as zahra'u peek inside the bedroom.

He still haven't let her into his bedroom, the few times she offered to clean it up he decline, he have pack all his personal belongings and dump them in the second bedroom.

"Come in."he say and zahra'u smile giving him an uncertain look.

He open the door widely for her and she walk inside scanning the dirty distorted bedroom with her eyes.

"I will clean your bedroom."zahra'u say and he nod.

"Yes."he say with a lopsided smile which he still find it uncomfortable anytime he speak to zahra'u he feel this weird butterflies in his stomach.

He watch as she carefully walk around the bedroom making sure not to step on any broken object or sharp object, she kneel and pick a portrait studying it with a lot of curiosity.

"That is my mum and me."he say as zahra'u stare at the beautiful lady with a very handsome looking teenage boy.

"You look good when you were young."she say glancing at him.

"I know and alot of girls want to date me in secondary school."he say with a smile that make zahra'u chuckle, if she don't know him so well she will say he's cocky but he's just been himself and she's glad he's opening up to her.

"Did you eat that plantain?"zahra'u ask suddenly her mind wander back to the incident, she need to be more careful and stop leaving the apartment door open.

"No,
I didn't see you,
I thought you also left but your things was in the bedroom so i thought you follow mika'il to the school since i fall asleep this morning."he explain and zahra'u sigh in relief.

"Let's clean up right."she say removing the black dirty bedspread as Bilal just stare at her.

He never get tired of staring at her,
She's beautiful and caring, he's becoming used to having her around and he will do everything not to make her angry, he know for sure zahra'u will never know about his past unless he tell her but how can he tell her the truth when that will means losing her,
But keeping such heavy secret with him means betraying her trust and that also bother him, Bilal push all the thoughts aside and focus of the most beautiful lady he ever seen.