Chapter Three

"Well?" Dax asked Cash as soon as he opened the door to the locker room.

Dax wouldn't admit it, but he was beyond excited that Cash was back on the dating scene - at least that's what he thought it was. He was still surprised at his tag team partner's choice though. However, the more he had thought about it, the more it seemed logical: Throughout the years, Cash seemed to be only attracted to one type and one type only. The bad thing was, they were either in it for his money and fame, or the moment Cash truly opened up to them, they left. And truth be told, Cash wasn't easy to love. He was very guarded and rarely let his walls come down. It took him years of working together until he finally shared his story and let him in on his thoughts. You, however, seemed different, not just by looks, also by the way you carried yourself. Never had he seen you trying to get anything going with any of your richer, more famous co-workers. You didn't fawn over every guy that crossed your way. On the contrary, you seemed to not want any business with any of the guys.

"Well what?" Cash tried to keep it down, but there was a small, almost serene smile gracing his lips.

"How'd it go? You seem to be...satisfied."

"It went.....it was good. She's nice."

"Good? Nice? Don't try to play it cool now, man. Your face is telling a different story." Dax got up and walked to the other man to pat him on the shoulder. "Look, I am glad you're back in the saddle. Especially after what happened last time...." he trailed off and immediately regretted the fact that he brought his ex up. He saw the smile leaving Cash's features to be replaced by a frown. It still hurt him, he could tell.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to....You know, Y/N is different. I can tell. When are you going to see her again?" He smiled a little, trying to lighten up the mood that he had so harshly ruined himself.

"Friday."

"Good. Now let's go to Best Friends and talk over our match. Maybe you wanna impress Y/N tonight." With these words, Dax opened the door, waiting for Cash to come along with him.

"Yup, I feel like I need to hit a good Uppercut tonight." With these words, Cash's facial expressions changed again, turning the frown into a smile.

He definitely wanted to impress you.

-----------------------------------

Friday couldn't arrive fast enough for your liking. You were so busy on Wednesday evening that you didn't get the chance to meet Cash after his match. But you were beaming. Of course, you had watched FTR vs Best Friends. How could you not? And when Cash was outside the ring, hitting Chuck Taylor with a massive European Uppercut and winking at the camera, your smile grew even bigger. Emma, who stood next to you, noticed it too.

"You like when he does that, huh? But then, you like anything he does in the ring. Even the mean stuff."
You chuckled a little at Emma's comment and simply nodded your head. She had no idea what was going on, that the 'mean stuff' they were doing in the ring was part of being a heel. She simply didn't care for wrestling the way you did. She worked there for the money and because she would travel across the country.

When you made your way to the cafeteria to meet with Cash on Friday, you noticed Dax lingering in front of the entrance, leaning against the wall. When he saw you approach, he stood up straight and cleared his throat.

"Hi Dax. Have you been waiting for me? Do you need anything?"

"Hey Y/N. In fact, yes I need to talk to you for a second." The tone in his voice made it clear that this wasn't going to be a sweet little talk among friends.
You patiently waited for him to start talking again as he seemed to find the right words.