Chapter Ten

Warnung: smut - 18+ only!

You had spoiled your birthday boy all day. You made him his favorite breakfast. Peppered his face with kisses which made him giggle, a sound you hadn't previously heard of him. You prepared decorations, drinks, and food for the party. You even cooked for him again, salmon with spinach and gnocchi.
Right now, you had Pawla bring him his birthday present from you.

"Good girl." He said while padding the spot to his right for her to sit next to him. Then, he looked up at you, and padded the spot on his left for you to sit down. You laughed and sat down.
"What? I don't get called a good girl?"

He leaned closer to you, his lips ghosting along your neck until they reached your ear. "I can't say it out loud 'cause Pawla will get jealous, but you're my best girl." He whispered before gently biting your earlobe, eliciting a small whimper from you. You shivered at his touch, and pouted when he moved to sit straight again, carefully unwrapping the package in his lap.

When he was done, he looked at the book in front of him.
RUMO by Walter Moers.
He had never heard of it, nor of the author.

"It's one of my favorite books. Thought I'd share it with you. It's not a classic though, sorry."

He smiled down at it, and opened it to find a handwritten note on the first page.

Cash,
my dear, sweet Cash. Happy birthday! 34, you're really kind of old now ;-P
It may seem cheesy, but I thought this book would make a great gift. Books are what brought us together after all. I hold it dear to my heart - it's at its core a love story, but no lovey dovey shit, I swear! There's also a lot of fighting in it, so maybe that evens it out for you?
I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do.
Again, happy birthday, and thank you for always being there for me.
Love, Y/N

His smile grew bigger with every word he read, and when he finished, he kissed you passionately while running his fingers through your hair. That was when he heard a light thud and moved to look down at his feet. An envelope had fallen out of the book.

"Y/N I swear, if this is another paycheck..."
You laughed at him and shook your head no.

He opened it and jumped a little, feeling his adrenaline rise. "Really? How'd you get these?"

"What do you mean? I've bought the tickets."

"It was sold out in like an hour!"

"Well, believe it or not, I can be fast if I want to be." You retorted. "Emma helped too, we both went online once the tickets went on sale."

"Thank you, you're the best." He kissed you again, roughly this time, smiling against your lips. "You do realize that you're the one I'm going to take with me?"

"What?! No!! I don't want to see Orville Peck live!" You over-dramatically put your hand against your forehead as if you were about to faint.

"Too bad, you're coming with me!" He leaned closer to you, so close that you tumbled back on the couch. You giggled as he pulled you back up and pressed your body against his, pecking your lips over and over again.

---------------------------------------

By 7 P.M., all of the guests had arrived and were scattered around Cash's backyard.
Most of the guys had already stripped down to nothing but their swimming trunks while the majority of women wore fancy dresses. You felt utterly underdressed with your oversized FTR shirt and the black shorts as you stood inside, peeking out at the crowded place.
Truth be told, you weren't so sure if you were actually stripping down to your bikini today. You had been rather confident in yourself after Cash complimented your butt, but ever since your meeting with Lindsay, you became more and more self-aware. Your legs were way shorter, and your thighs were so much bigger than hers. Your hair didn't have the same shine, and your skin didn't glow like hers did. Not to mention those boobs...These people outside were expecting someone like that, and you obviously were a downgrade from her.
If you were honest with yourself, you'd prefer to hide in the guest room until they left.