Chapter Five

Warning: angst, mention of suicide

As soon as you woke up on Friday, you were in a bad mood. It was odd really, because the whole week, you had been on an absolute high because of your amazing time you spent with Cash on Monday.
It took you until the afternoon to finally realize what made you feel so depressed: it was your brother's birthday. Your immediate reaction was to call Cash and talk to him, because you felt like you needed to confide in someone. Your finger hovered just above the screen of your phone while you debated with yourself whether you should call him or not. After a few minutes, you decided against it in hopes that you'd feel better during the day. And if not, you could still call or meet him later tonight.

However, it didn't get better, it only got worse. By the time filming started, you were a complete mess, on the brink of a breakdown every other minute. Emma noticed, but didn't know how to help as you remained silent to her. So she started looking for Cash to ask him for his support, and was relieved when she found him in one of the hallways.

"Cash, thank God. Have you seen Y/N? Something is off, but I can't make her talk about it. I'm worried."

"Hey Emma, she just texted me. I'm on my way to her right now. Don't worry, I got this." He knew he sounded way more confident than he was. He had no idea what was going on, and bumping into Emma only made him more concerned. She just nodded her head when Cash walked past her not even thinking about stopping for a quick chat.

While Cash made his way to you, he re-read the three texts over and over.

'Hi Cash, I don't want to bother you, but if you have time, could you meet up? I need someone to talk to.'

'Sure, darlin'. Where are you?'

'Loading area. Ramp 3.'

His pace quickened with every other step until he was basically sprinting to get to you. When he stepped outside the platform, he couldn't find you right away. His eyes scanned the area until he heard a faint sigh coming from behind one of the huge containers to his right.
"Y/N?" He slowly approached you and felt a giant lump forming in his throat.

You looked utterly small to him, curled up into a ball. Your legs were pulled close to your chest, your arms wrapped tightly around your knees, your head hanging low.

"Hi...I..." you tried to form a proper sentence but couldn't as tears once again fell from your face. You were well aware that you looked like a mess. Your eyes felt puffy from crying the last 30 minutes. You let your head sink again.

"Oh darlin." You felt Cash walk over to you, his voice softer than you had ever heard. Then he dropped next to you and wrapped an arm around your shoulder, pulling you as close to him as you allowed. You silently sobbed for what felt like hours but were in reality just a few minutes. You were so grateful that he didn't try to make you talk right away.
As soon as you felt your tears slowly stopping, you wanted to explain yourself, why you were such a mess right now.
You turned your head to look at him, trying to open up about what made you so upset. He looked beyond worried, like your pain transmitted right into his heart and became his.
"Today is..." Your voice trailed off as you started to sob uncontrollably again. Before you could return to your former position, Cash grabbed you by your knees and pulled your legs over his own so he could hold you really close to his body.
"It's okay, sweetheart. I'm here. Everything is gonna be okay. I'm here now." He said while softly stroking your hair and rubbing your back.

As soon as he said that, your arm automatically wrapped around his shoulder and your head rested on his chest, silently crying for what seemed an internity.

When you found your composure again and your tears finally subsided, you lifted your head from his body and looked up at him.

"I'm sorry I made a mess of your shirt, I'll get you a new one."