Chapter 3

I finally got home around midnight after having spent my time with the Engineering boys in the dungeon. It just made me feel so jealous and frustrated when I see Phana walk off without a 2nd glance at me when he saw Wayo. I know he doesn't like Wayo that way. Wayo dating Ming was a known thing in the school but still I wish sometimes Phana paid abit of attention to me all the way rather than taking off at a hat's notice for his friends. I was his friend too right? Is it because he thought I don't care?

All these thoughts swirling in my head wasn't doing me any good. I walked back to my apartment having ignored his calls and messages only to find him sitting in front of my apartment, half asleep.

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK?!? PHANA IS HERE?!?!?!

I ran over and knelt down to him. How long has he been here? He was sleeping and poor boy, it must be so uncomfortable for him. I shook him away slowly and he opened his eyes and looked at me. He smiled a small smile and tried to stand up. I helped him up knowing he must be cramping badly. I opened my room door and brought him in. It's the first time he has come over. We usually hang at the bar or at his place.

I got him to sit down on my bed whilst I went to make a warm drink for him. As I was prepping the drink, it fucking hit me that I had photos of him at my bed desk. SHIT!

I ran over and I saw that he wasn't at the bed anymore. I looked around and saw him at the balcony. I thanked the Lord and went over.

"Hey you better? I am making you tea now. Give me a while k?" I uttered softly. His back was still facing me but he shook his head in acknowledgment. I turned around and that's when I realized the photo on the bed desk was missing. I gulped and turned around only to see Phana looking at me. He was holding the photo in his hand.

"When were you planning to tell me? Sometimes I can't blame you because I know exactly why you are hesitating to tell me. Its for the exact same reason I am hesitating. But seeing this picture made me realise that you and I feel the exact same way towards each other. Only difference, you have it on your desk and I have it in my wallet".

Phana took out the exact same photo- it was the one of us in a group setting taken at the Moons finale. 10 of us in the photo, we were both standing in different spots but just as the camera clicked, we had both found our eyes towards each other.

What I didn't realize then was, we both had gravitated towards each other for the same reason. Now seeing the photo in his wallet, I knew.

I just chuckled softly at this, my eyes teary. I looked up at him, voice breaking as I asked

"From me to you, I love you Phana. Be my boyfriend?".

Phana chuckled softy, grabbed me and kissed me softly.

"From me to you, I love you too Forth. Always been yours.".