10

valerie

i woke up to andrew shaking me awake. 'val, valerie... VAL,' he shouted in my ear. i turned over and groaned. 'what the fuck do you want now?' i said. 'you have to wake up now,' he said pulling me up. i was too tired for this. 'why,' i slurred. 'we're going somewhere.' he said which made me become more awake. 'if it's to your fucking drug deal count me out, im not coming.' i said which made him stop pulling on my arm and drop me down on my bed.

'fine suit yourself.' he scoffed and walked out my bedroom slamming the door. why was he so mad?

i looked for my phone which was under my pillow since i fell asleep with it in my hand and checked the time. 2:17pm? jesus i slept for long.

i got up dragging myself to the bathroom with my skincare bag from my other bags filled with clothes and other random stuff. i still haven't unpacked yet.

i locked the bathroom door and did my shit to clean my face and brush my teeth. i felt a lot better now and went back to my room to get changed since last night i fell asleep with the clothes i went to the store with. i put on a pair of black biker shorts and a simple grey crop top.

'im leaving,' i heard andrew shouted from the front door before hearing it close. i walk out my room to the kitchen when im greeted with damien making breakfast. 'morning val,' he said not looking up from the stove. 'morning damien,' i said feeling bad since the other night i ignored him. 'how you feeling?' he said trying to start a conversation. i shrugged and i sat down at the kitchen island in front of him cooking.

'not a talker eh?' he said taking out two plates from the cupboard and placing two pieces of bacon and one egg on each plate with a slice of bread on the side. he handed the plate to me and smiled. 'here,' he said. im starting to think that damien liked me more than my brother or at least he showed it more that andrew did. we ate in silence but it was comfortable. 'eat quick kid, some of my friends will be coming over,' he said as he cleared his plate and put it in the sink. i ate the last few bits on my plate and put the empty plate in the sink like he did.

i went to go sit on the couch until his 'friends' came over. he didn't exactly tell who but i shrugged it off like always.

--

i sat there for at least 30 minutes until someone started to bang on the door. damien ran quickly to it and opened the door.

ash and fez?

what the fuck were they doing here. they both looked at me at the same time with a confused expression on both of their faces. 'ahh fezco, long time no see,' damien said walking behind the coffee table. 'you here for the usual?' he continued. fezco nodded keeping eye contact with me.

damien walked to the closet which was near my room and pulled out a suitcase which i was guessing was filled with drugs. 'here,' he said before placing it on the coffee table.

ash looked at me with his eyebrows crossed  while fez handed him the money. 'pleasure doing business with you, you're always so quiet.' damien said to fez and ash before starting to count the money. fezco nodded and led ash out the door before following him and leaving.

damien turned to me, 'sorry that you had to see that, you ok?' he said babying me. i nodded. 'say... they kept looking at you, do you know them?' he asked. yes i did and i was quite close with them too. 'nope,' i replied quickly before going to my room.

i sat up on my bed feeling stupid as fuck. should i text ash? nah, he probably doesn't want to talk to me anymore if im being honest. i put up this 'innocent' and 'mysterious' persona for him hoping he wouldn't judge me now it all came tumbling back down onto me.

ashtray

as me and fezco left vals apartment we both were dumbstruck. 'she in this drug dealing shit?' fezco asked walking towards the car and opening the back door to throw the suitcase in.

i mean she did tell me her brother went to a drug deal and almost died but i thought she was joking. i didn't actually expected her to be involved with that shit. she didn't seem like the person to be.

i nodded to fez and i went to go sit in the front with fez in the drivers seat. 'that was the last thing i was expecting,' fez laughed trying to make the situation lighter.

'should i text her?' i said as fezco drove off still as shocked as me. probably a bit more.

'if you want bruh, ion know anymore,' he said looking straight ahead to the road. i decided to wait a bit until i texted her, i didn't want her to feel like im judging her, or feel like she's going to judge me.

'ion think she gon judge us, she in the same position,' fez said like he read my mind. i nodded and leaned my head against the window

au
short chapter sorry

917 words