31

narrator

valerie made her way from ashtrays room back to the couch.

nothing was wrong in the moment, everything was perfect and they couldn't ask for anything more. ok, maybe a few things but it was good enough.

their hearts synchronised beats, which only ashtray seemed to notice. his face became a rosey colour however valerie didn't notice, her eyes stuck on the tv in front of her.

both of their heads shot towards the door as loud bangs echoed around the room. 'fezco?' ash shouted, shuffling away from valerie, making his way towards the monitor. 'open up, police here!' a deep voice shouted from outside the door while fezco ran into the room grabbing a couple bags from next to the couch.

'take these and flush them down the toilet, quick!' he panted which made valerie jolt up and run to the bathroom with the bag in her hands, ash following.

they both knelt in front of the toilet, dumping the components of the bag straight into the toilet, valerie was now panicked and her heart was beating out of her head. she couldn't hear anything but her own heartbeat and the bangs of the door.

fezco eventually followed in, helping the two flush the drugs down the toilet. 'open up, we know you're in there!' the voice said again, louder somehow although being further away.

as the last few bags of drugs slowly got swallowed by the toilet, fezco got up and walked back into the living room, signalising ash and valerie to do the same.

ash sat down on the couch while valerie followed, both of their eyes on fezco as he opened the door before getting pushed to the side by the swat men who rushed in, pointing their guns towards the young ones on the couch.

at this point, valerie's heart was no longer inside her chest but rather in her throat, she struggled to keep her breathing calm as the tall, large men filled the room.

they started spreading apart, going into different rooms while fezco was shouting as one pushed the door down where fezcos grandma was.

'it's her pills! they're not drugs!' he shouted as the men cleared the table of the little orange pill bottles, the noise of all the bottles falling on the floor made valeries breathing more rushed and hasty.

ash reached his hand onto her thigh, trying to comfort her which did help but not enough.

--

as the men slowly left without looking back at the disturbed kids, valerie had tears escaping her eyes. her breathing slowed and regulated while fezco closed the door behind the swat team.

he looked over at her, moving closer, scratching the back of his head. 'im sorry kid.' he said, taking a seat next to her.

she nodded her head and wiped a fallen tear from her cheek. 'you need anything?' fezco asked, looking over at her, his head low.

he was nearly embarrassed of what happened with valerie there.

valerie pushed ashs hand off her thigh and got up, heading towards the bathroom.

she locked herself in and stood in front of the mirror, splashing her face with cold water.

she dried her face and walked out slowly, ash sat on the couch waiting however fezco wasn't there anymore.

valerie's thoughts ran everywhere, her legs felt weak and her head throbbed.

she walked to ash and sat carefully near the edge. 'best if we go sleep, valerie.' ash said, slowly grabbing her hand and circled small circles into her palm.

valerie got up and walked towards ashs room, placing herself on his bed without words. ash followed and climbed in the bed with her, alining himself against her back, his arms crawling around her waist for comfort and protection.

'im sorry val,' he whispered, his hot breath spilling on her neck. 'it's ok now.' he barely got out.

valeries eyes fluttered shut as she sunk into his bed, becoming comfortable in his arms.

ashtray

--

valerie.

i have no idea how to word this but i'll try. these past few months with you, i have genuinely enjoyed, and im hoping you have too. i've never done anything like this and im deadass scared on what you'll think, i've never really worried about what people think of me but you? i always try my best around you, sometimes it may not seem like it but trust me.
valerie. you are literally perfect, and before you say anything, i know how you hate me for giving you compliments because you always reject it or laugh it off thinking i don't mean it, but trust me i do. valerie, i know that you have an obsession with movies with shit endings, gum, always playing with my fingers, pointing out my face tattoos, thunderstorms, the night time, weed, pineapples, chocolate covered pretzels, playing with my lighters, scary ass movies and watching everything with subtitles on. and as much as i may annoy you or you may annoy me, i think that we'll be good for each other.
remember when we first met? i didn't want to meet you but gladly you came up to me first, however awkward that was, i don't care anymore because now im closer to you have i have ever been with anyone else, except fezco but he's like my brother so that's an exception.
i like you valerie and with that, would you be my girlfriend?

ps. make this a little easier for me and don't embarrass me, not forcing you but begging you.

-ashtray

i placed my pen down and sighed, reading the paper over and over again. im debating if i should even give it to her.

'yo, ash?' fezco shouted while knocking on my door, 'yeah? i whisper shouted back as he opened the door, walking in.

'have you done it yet?' he asked looking down the table where the paper sat. he nodded, answering his own question before picking it up. i looked at my bed where valerie slept, analysing her resting face.

he started mumbling the words to himself and read the page. 'it's good, she'll like it.' he smiled as i nodded and got up, leaving the room with the note in my hand before gently folding it towards me.

au
hm idk how i feel about this tbh
not proof read mb

1060 words