24

narrator

valeries eyes were glued on the tv but ashs eyes were glued on her.

valerie had her legs over ashs lap with her back leaning on the arm of the couch. they sat in a comfortable silence as they watched the movie.

valerie occasionally laughed at the most awkward parts of the movie which always made fez and ash turn their heads to her confused before joining in.

times like these made ash feel truly cared for, not one bad thought in his mind, he felt at peace when he was with valerie like this.

the two people he loved and cared for the most together at the same time sharing a great time.

--

the movie ended which resulted in val throwing her head back before jumping up from the couch. 'i love those types of endings, you know?' she said making her way to the table to sit down. 'the ones with shit endings?' fez asked. 'yes.' she said plopping down in the table chair. 'you're weird man,' ash said shaking his head and looking over at her. 'im not weird, it's like taking a gasp of air after a long time of holding your breath? you know that feeling right? like that's what it reminds me of, there's too many movies out there with the same prefect and most predictable endings, i don't know,' she said as fez nodded his head. 'i get what you mean kid,' he said before grabbing a joint from his pocket. he lit it up as val grabbed her phone from her pocket and looked at the time. 'shit man...' she whispered. it was currently 11:21pm and she had to been home soon.

although it was too late to be home right now.

she also tried to push the thought of being home out of her head. damien left to deal with business for a couple of days which left valerie stuck at home with her drunken brother, since now damien was doing more work than andrew, he would stay home more.

which wasn't good.

--

flying glass bottles crashing next to her head and air so thick that you couldn't breathe.

'andrew what the fuck, stop it,' she begged through gasps. 'you always come home so fucking late val.' andrew said moving closer to her. 'ok and?' she said but immediately regretted it.

andrew shook his head before grabbing another bottle from the table. valerie ran to her room and locked it quickly. she sat on her bed letting a few tears escape her eyes.

she stretched herself on her bed and stared at the ceiling thinking about better times.

val felt her phone vibrate which caused her to look towards it and grab it.

ashtray
yo

valerie
hey ash

ashtray
wyd

valerie
in bed, hbu?

ashtray
cool cool
im sitting down

valerie
wanna call?

ashtray looked down at his phone with a smile on his face, unaware what just happened with valerie and her brother. he typed in almost immediately 'yes' and proceeded to facetime her.

valerie

--

it was halloween night and me, rue and jules decided to meet up at the shop.

'wow, um... you, you look fucking amazing.' rue said as jules walked over to us. i faked a gasp as she got closer. 'what the fuck, you actually look so good,' i said with a big smile. 'thank you, i dont really feel it, but... you know.' jules said as she pulled me and rue into a hug.

she already smelt like strong liquor which rue seemed to notice too. 'uh, you smell like alcohol.' rue said as her smile dropped. 'uhm, i mean it's halloween right?' jules said as she threw her hands in the air.

'right... yeah.' rue said looking disappointed. i felt the awkwardness between them and decided to go inside the store. 'i'll tell fezco and ash we're ready,' i said before walking backwards into the store.

'jewel here?' fez asked as he saw me walking in. 'jules. oh and yes, she's here,' i said giving an amused smile. 'ight, yo ash come out here.' fezco said shouting out to the back.

ash came out nearly immediately, he yes glued on me and my outfit. i decided to dress up as jill valentine from resident evil 3, the remake. i had fake blood smeared on my arm and face to make it seem a little more like the character. 'the fuck you dressed up as?' ash asked smirking, admiring the tight black jeans that made my hips and thighs look irresistible and the blue tank top revealing my cleavage.

i smirked back, 'you've never played resident evil?' i asked pretending to be shocked. 'nah ma, but you might make me want to now,' he said getting closer to me.

'nah stop flirting, that shits weird,' fez said laughing as he walked out the store to the car leaving me and ash behind alone.

i followed fez just as ash pulled me back into the store, 'you look beautiful,' he said tucking my hair behind my ear. i felt my face warm up, i looked down which made ash take his hand and place it under my chin to look up at him.

he leaned in and kissed me. i will never get used to it, it makes me go crazy. it makes my knees go weak.

it quickly ended as we heard three loud honks coming from outside which made him chuckle and walk out pulling into my hand to follow him.

he face changes as he saw rue in the front.
'get out rue, that's my seat.' ash said glaring at rue who was giggling, 'you were too slow,' she said shrugging before ash pulled on the handle which made rue jump with her hands in the air. 'alright alright i'll get out,' she said making her way out and sitting in the back with jules. i followed rue and sat next to the window with rue in the middle as fez started to drive off.

au
sorry for not posting i've been busy and it literally took me like 3 days to write this all, i didn't know what to write😭
didn't proof read sorry

1036 words