2.0 °𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐘 𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐃

JINX; AUGUST

"Get in the car." Mr. Snape ordered gruffly, opening the door of an old red Volkswagen bug. "Come on...Child." He looked at me distastefully as he titled me, refusing to call me my actual name.

I followed his command, quickly nestling myself into the passenger seat. He slammed the door behind me. I jumped a little at his brashness. Mr. Snape entered the drivers seat, disgruntled in his starched clothing.

After an awkward period of him trying to start the carwhile cursing under and failing multiple times, the ignition finally roared to life.

"I like your car." I said as I ran my fingers across the glove box. He brushed my hand away as he drove, a steely look etched across his face.

"Don't touch that."

"Sorry." My hands returned to themselves, clasping together.

"Don't say sorry either. Apologizing only wastes air."

"Oh okay, sorry- Er- I mean no. Not sorry."

"Why was I chosen for such an insolent job. Mr. Snape sighed, leaning forward in the tightly packed car. He appeared unbearably annoyed with every word that slipped from my mouth.

"Sorry." I whispered, looking down at my feet.

Dusk was leaving as we sped down the suburban streets of the town. The car survived bumps and rolls, the exhaust sputtering us up the hill till we reached what I recognized as Clover Meadows.

It was a pitiful forest surrounded by a spacious grass clearing. Families used it for picnics, birthdays, and barbecues. Kids used it to play tag. Teenagers used it to smoke cigarettes and cause trouble.

Mr. Snape pulled over into the parking lot of the meadows. The car halted abruptly, my body lurching forward. He wasn't the best driver to say the least. His sharp eyes scanned the perimeter, darting back and forth

"Finally." The perpetually irritated man grumbled, grabbing for an item in his pocket. Out from the depths of his clothes a long thin stick. It had been ornately carved, ridges and patterns beautifully sculpted into the dark wood.

"Woah." I could feel my eyes glimmering as I stretched my fingers out to the pretty knick knack.

"Don't touch it." Mr. Snape spat, snatching it away. "This is very special to me and you are not prepared to handle one yet."

"Handle it? Mister, that's a stick."

"Ha, a stick." He shook his head and scoffed. "Please, Child this is intangibly greater than a stick. This stick could do things your puny mind couldn't imagine."

"Alright then, prove it." I challenged, leaning against the window. "Blow my puny mind." I thought he was joking, pulling my leg to get a laugh. I couldn't have been more wrong.

"Fine. I will." Mr. Snape adjusted the cuffs of his shirt, holding the stick tightly in his hand. "Multicorfors." Ran out from his mouth, accompanying the swish he gave the stick. My eyes grew double their size at what I saw next.

His clothes completely transformed, turning from office clothes to a dark flowy robe-like suit. I was at a loss for words, my mouth falling open.