3

Trigger warning for blood

Akaashi was alone, he was left to his own devices. He sat on the couch huddled under blankets ignoring the ache in his stomach. Hunger. To distract himself he turned on the TV, flipping through channels. Bokuto seemed go only have access to food networks! Keiji panicked when he felt his mouth water at a rare steak.
   "Bad Keiji! That things so pink it's practically still alive! " he groaned wrapping himself deeper into the blanket. Then the sound of an animal chittering at the window filled his ears. Despite his morals he sat up pushing the blanket off him. Every siren in his head was blaring as he moved silently. A squirrel sat perched with his back to the beast behind him. Shakey hands unlatched the window moving to pull it up.
   " NO! " he yelled spooking the animal to skitter away. Akaashi stood at the window discussed with himself. Coffee. He'd make himself a cup of coffee and this hunger... Need. For a fluid he was grossed out by.
    Three cups of coffee later and it wasn't working. His stomach rumbled and gurgled, turning against itself. The noirett sat on the couch head in hand tapping his foot. Then the wind blew through the open window carrying a delicious smell. Akaashi stood from his seat walking to the window, climbing out of it he stood in the fire escape. It was faint, but close, and he craved it. Any sense of morlas he had faded when he began his decent to the ground below.
     " what am I fucking dog! " he hummed pinching his nose to try and keep it out. But what he did get was enough for his feet to lead him to a park. Just a few blocks from the apartment. The smell of blood was stronger now, it flooded his mind and body. Snapping any humanity he had left as he stepped into the wooded area. Feet light as not to scare his pray away.
      A deer thrashed against it's restraints crying when thorns dug into it's neck, and hind legs. It's panic grew, feeling the vibrations of an approaching predator. The cries it made grew louder when Akaashi came upon him. The raven kneeling down beside it, stroking it's head.
   " I'm sorry.. It'll be painless, and quick. Better than dying slowly.. I hope" he whispered strategically taking ahold of it's neck, then twisting.
     Bokuto opened the door to his apartment, waiting to see his friend. But the room was empty and cold, he set the grocies down running to the open window.
   " shit, shit, shit! KEIJI-" he jumped finding the landing stairs open. Quickly he jumped from the window rushing down the stairs. His heart drowning out the sounds of blasting horns. He had no clue where he was going, but eventually the sounds of soft cries filled his ears. Koutarou stopped dead on trail he was running along. He turned just in time to see a body slump from the  bushes.
   " Akaashi-" at his name he looked up wiping his eyes. Bokuto grabbed him pulling him into a hug. He didn't need to ask way he'd red staining his teeth. Why it pooled at the corners of his mouth.
   " it was already going to die.. I was so hungry.. It was surely better than-"
   " shh let's get you back to the apartment" The hunter keeping him hidden as they walked. He could feel something lurking in the shadows. The last thing they both needed, was word getting out about Keiji.
    a set of bronze eyes laid upon the pair as the walked. The male gave a click of his tongue reaching for the phone in his pocket.
    " hey it's Kuroo. I've got some news on the owl" he spoke with a sick smirk.
.
.
.
.
Back in the apartment Akaashi sat in the couch holding his head in his hands. He watched as Bokuto put away food he could no longer have.
     "... My family" he whispered thinking about how his parents would react. Their only child was an immortal monster who feasted on humans. Even though he didn't personally.
     " I'll have to cut ties with them-"
     " horse shit! " Bokuto spoke throwing  a dish rag at the younger. He watched as Keiji grabbed it from the floor. Folding it neatly on his lap.
        " you don't even have to tell them. When you eat human foods,just run to the bathroom a few minutes later. Since you seem more comfortable with animals. We can start a stash of blood bags, you can take a cup full to gatherings. " the older smiled placing his hands upon his hips. His chest puffed in triumph as he winked at the vampire.
         " they'll notice when I don't age past 24. "
          " plastic surgery "
          " not a very me thing to do"
          " god your stubborn! "
          " look whos talking " Keiji shot back joining his friend in the kitchen. A pot of coffee brewing a splendid smell for the noirett. Akaashi sighed resting against the cabinets, his now roommate, humming as he packed milk to the fridge. His next chore would be dishes, Keiji beat him to it.
         " what are you doing? " the male asked creeping up behind the immortal.
         " dishes? I'm helping you out-" he froze hearing his stomach growling. It'd been an hour since the deer, and that's the first real meal he had.
         " you're waisting energy " Koutarou pointed out pushing his friend out of the kitchen.
       " once I finish these I'll take you on a food hunt. It's dark so it's the perfect time for them to be out" he hummed flicking a tool over his shoulder. Akaashi stared at the sight a little longer than he should have. But every time the older moved a muscle flexed. He couldn't tell his staring was out of hunger, hopefully not, or the reason his stomach seemed have butterflies.
       Keiji pulled his gaze away from the male blushing despite himself. It was definitely the butterflies in his stomach.
     " all done. You wanna go out? Deer are more active-"
     " I don't want to kill them unless they're close to death already " koutarou nodded at the youngers words slipping out of sight. The vampire sighing as he grabbed his shoes, when he straightened up. Bokuto stood with a small pistol to his side, he had it hidden. Akaashi thought over if addressing it, what if he wasn't supposed to see it? Was this the older way of ending his life? Take him somewhere secluded and put a few rounds in his head.
    " why the gun? " he asked softly shrinking at the presence Bokuto held.
    " lot of people will be out tonight. You never know " the male spoke with a mischievous grin.