one

author's note: hi guys! just wanted to let you know that i am writing a new aot fanfic which is a love triangle between the reader, armin and levi! i would really appreciate it if you could give that a read as well. happy reading :)

'y/n? y/n? are you even listening to me?'
mr yamazaki edged towards your desk with a frown of impatience on his face. he'd repeatedly called your name but you continued to gaze out of the window, daydreaming.

'y/n!' your classmate taehyung tapped your arm, finally bringing you back to the real world.

'sorry! what was the question?'
mr yamazaki stood only inches away from you, arms crossed frustratedly as he peered down at you.

'what's going on today y/n? i asked you what the discriminant equals in this equation...'

you blushed, embarrassed as you noticed the entire class staring at you.
'sorry sir...i didn't get to work that out yet.'

'five more minutes and i'm expecting an answer from you, okay?'

'yes sir...' you nodded meekly and immediately got to working on the question.

'he always picks her...why doesn't he ask anyone else?' you heard murmurs around the classroom.

it was true. since the start of year, maths with mr yamazaki had often felt more like private tuition. to begin with, it was simply because you had been put in a class where everyone else's academic abilities were simply inferior to yours - either that or they weren't bothered to try.
so you and mr yamazaki had developed a sort of dynamic where you'd solve the questions together and the rest of the class would simply listen and copy down the solutions. you assumed he had taken a liking to your enthusiasm, but you were getting tired of being the one always doing all the work.

'taehyung, have you solved it?' you whispered to your partner. you just weren't feeling like it today.
he shook his head and you sighed, glancing upwards to see if the teacher was still waiting for you.

but no, mr yamazaki had occupied himself by opening the classroom windows. it was a 'sweltering' 20 degrees today - pretty hot for a spring day in the uk.

'am i the only one hot right now?' he wondered aloud, proceeding to take off his jumper.

it was then that you found yourself unable to take your gaze off of him, as he removed his jumper, revealing his slim waist and muscular arms that were visible through his sheer white shirt. he swept a hand through his long black hair and pulled at his collar to ease himself from the heat of the classroom.

you gulped and felt butterflies in your stomach - since when was your maths teacher so hot?

well, you always knew he was cuter than any teachers you'd had before. he was only 25, having became a teacher immediately after graduating, and sometimes seemed more like a student.

'so, have you solved it now y/n?'

you felt your cheeks go red as mr yamazaki made eye contact with you - did he notice you were staring?

it was almost like you could make out a small smirk from the corner of his mouth, but he smiled often so you assumed you were probably overthinking.

'yes sir...'

*the next day*

as you entered the classroom for period 6 maths you couldn't help but replay the scene of mr yamazaki taking off his jumper in your head over and over again. you had been thinking about it all day, wondering what was wrong with you.

'stop it y/n! he's a teacher for god's sake.' you told yourself.

but your brain wasn't helping - it seemed to be zooming in on all different parts of his body, his toned arms, protruding adam's apple, tiny waist, broad shoulders. you even found yourself wondering what it looked like underneath that white shirt...

mortified, you shook your head, took a deep breath and sat down.

'you good y/n?' taehyung asked as he sat down beside you.
'you look a little red?'

'i'm fine it's probably just the heat.' you lied.

'hello class!'

mr yamazaki entered the classroom and you immediately felt the pace of your heartbeat increase.

oh god.

it was even warmer than yesterday and he was wearing a short sleeved button up white shirt with the top two buttons undone, revealing his beautiful collarbones. his shirt seemed to be of a tighter fit than the shirt he wore the day before, and you could almost make out the entire outline of his torso.

he smiled at you as he walked over to his desk, which was very normal - everyone knew you were his favourite student and they couldn't care less. it made sense, you were a maths whiz, of course a maths teacher would like the student best at their subject.

but for some reason his smile seemed a hundred times more attractive to you today. you couldn't spot an imperfection in his pearly white teeth, glowing skin or big puppy eyes. you almost couldn't believe what you were seeing, was this really the same person who had been teaching you maths for the past 6 months?

why had you never noticed how attractive he was before?

by the end of the lesson you had only managed to answer 3 questions because you simply just couldn't focus.

every time you glanced up to look at him you felt your breath run short and your heart beat faster.

luckily mr yamazaki surprisingly paid more attention to other students in today's lesson, so didn't notice how behind you were.

he dismissed the class and you rushed to pack away your stuff - you needed to get out of here and away from him. at this point, you were scared that if your cheeks got any redder people would start asking questions.

but of course, in your rush to throw your stuff into your school bag, your pencil case somehow went flying across the room, landing not far from mr yamazaki's desk. half the class had already left and you really didn't want to be left alone with him.

he reached down to pick it up for you but you yelled  'it's fine i'll get it!!' a little bit too loudly as you jumped out of your seat.

his eyes opened wide in surprise, looking up at you.
as you made eye contact you were lost for words, your heart pumping unnecessarily fast once again.
chuckling, he picked it up.

'you seem to be in a rush y/n? have you got somewhere to go?' he asked, walking over to your desk in a few strides with his long legs.

'n-no i'm just tired so i want to go home. thank you.' you chuckled awkwardly and put your hand out for the pencil case, looking down to avoid eye contact.

as he placed it in your hand his finger lightly brushed yours, leaving a tingle where it made contact.

the sudden skin contact made you look up as you internally gasped.

he smiled widely at you with a sparkle in his round black eyes, clearly clueless to the fact that your legs were shaking like jelly under the table.

'have a good weekend y/n! and drop me an email if you need any help with the maths h/w.' he said brightly, returning to his desk.

'you too sir! i will!' you exclaimed, clumsily gathering the rest of your stuff and following the last person out of the room.

you gasped for breath once you were in the corridor, trying to calm yourself down.

it finally hit you.

you had a crush on mr yamazaki.
a massive crush.