Chapter 1: The Betrayal

I jumped through the next portal, my knees landing on cold concrete.

I caught myself with my arms before my face had a scuffle with the ground.

My head was tucked in between my arms, I felt uneasy in my stomach, throwing up seconds later.

I spit after releasing my stomach contents and took a deep breath in and out.

My clothes were torn in several places, and my body suffered multiple bruises and cuts from head to toe.

The hospital- those Reaper nurses and their Matron.

Almost killed me..

I barely made it.

I grit my teeth and scoff, "Bierce- the least you could do is give me a 20-minute break."

I close my eyes and breathe for a while, then lift myself off of the ground.

I stand facing forward and start walking slowly.

I briefly glance down at the medallion embedded into the ground as I passed by..

I didn't get a good look at and I didn't care at the time.

Beyond the heavy fog, I could start to make out a giant Castle with some unfinished towers.

I stopped to gawk at it as fireworks began to go off above it..

This was the moment I really got a good look at the monsters that represented this place.

"Welcome To Joy Joy Land," said the sign plastered over the drawbridge.

Three animal mascots with outstretched arms and happy smiles, posed underneath the greeting.

A Chicken, A Rabbit, and, A Pig.

I should have continued exploring to find the soul shards, but- instead, I stood idle.

Staring up at the yellow Rabbit character on the sign..

It immediately unlocked an old memory of mine.

a childhood memory..

Flashback>

Screaming and cursing ensued from the other side of my bedroom door..