Chapter 2: one of the joyful

Lucky ends the embrace, and puts his hands gently on my shoulders, letting out a cute giggle.

I stare up at him silent but in awe.

He looks down at me, "now that everyone has been introduced, what do ya say we take a VIP tour?" He proposed in his lovely accent.

"I would love nothing more.." I reply with content.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Penny says excitedly.

"You're going to love it here!" Hangry assures.

Lucky and the gang turn around and head toward the castle.

I start to follow, giggling and smiling randomly as I kept thinking about how great my new life was going to be.

"Keep up now, we've got a lot to show ya!" Lucky calls.

I turn my walk into a jog to catch up with them..

there was a huge smile on my face.

The metal gate of the castle slowly started to raise..

By the time I caught up with them, it had fully opened.

I stopped jogging when I approached Penny from behind and stood close by as Hangry entered the castle first, then Lucky.

Penny went last..

I look around and up at the castle for a brief moment, I furrow my brow, scoff, and grin.

then I crossed the threshold..

"I bet Bierce is throwing a hissy fit right about now.." I think to myself without regret about betraying her.

"Come on in! There's room for everybody!" Lucky says raising his hands above his head.

After stepping foot in the castle, Lucky goes on to explain.

"it's not much, not too exciting in here, needs some redecorating if you know what I mean, it's not finished yet." He says as we walk through.

"What we really want to show ya is underneath all the scenery.." He stands beside a freight elevator and gestures at it while facing me.

I fearlessly approach, and touch the metal cage-like door lightly with my left hand.

There was a short silence..

"Shall we?" Lucky says with a cheery but dark tone, he now faced me at a sideways angle.

his arms were folded, he tilts his head to his right slightly and slowly blinks, and his nose twitched.

I look over and up at him calmly..

I nodded in agreement while blankly staring at him.

The elevator door opens and we all step inside..

as soon as the door closed, we descended.