Chapter 3: Fresh Meat

POV Change> Bierce>

flashback scene>

"No!" Bierce screams as she stretches out her right hand toward the portals, each one quickly locks before her eyes, the fear was raw upon her face.

her anger seethes as she clenches her fists tightly, "Nyla you rotten traitor! how could you?" she scorns.

"it'll take me years to find another suitable soul that can withstand the nightmares and gather the ring pieces again.."

"I've come so far only to lose it all this time too, I can't take much more of this! I need that ring!" she growls, the echo of her heeled shoes filling the ballroom as she walks away from the ring altar.

"soon- it will be mine again."

"I swear it.." she says briefly looking back at the headless statue.

Nyla was the first of Bierce's pawns to make it this far without dying..

she possessed many personal strengths aside from the powers of the ring.

and those strengths kept her alive ultimately leading her to Joy Joy land.

so close to completing the ring..

Bierce was right to choose her as her puppet, however, she became too comfortable with the girl.

Nyla had all of the willpower to stay alive and press on, but she was severely damaged and broken, what she thought she wanted was her heart telling a lie, nobody loved her on earth and no one was waiting for her to come back.

she was only being used for someone else's personal gain.

much like she was when she was living..

so she betrayed Bierce.

and stayed with the monsters, who had more heart than those who call themselves human.

flashback end.)

POV Change> Nyla> the Joy Joy Gang>

Nyla's notes>

"It's been several years since my rebellion against Bierce..

each waking moment I'm proud to be a part of my synthetic family.

I've never regretted it- we are always together and we always have fun, there is never a dull moment.

Bierce seems to be struggling through- ever since I switched sides, I haven't seen a mortal scurrying about our castle, the portal is still closed.

Hangry is getting hungry- but so is my cleaver.

we've all been dying for a little action..

I sure hope Bierce's new puppet shows up soon, when they do- we're going to hold a celebration, Lucky style- the mortal gets to be the pinata."

I chuckle darkly.