Chapter 4: E. meets N.

I sat leaning back in an office chair, twirling my cleaver on the table by its handle while the rest of the gang stood around bored and in silence.

the point of my blade carved a small hole in the wood due to my twisting it for so long, fine pieces of ground dust had accumulated and scattered in and around the hole.

Hangry started groaning, his poor belly was starved and he was overtaken by his craving for human flesh.

my eyes wandered around the room and once up and down as I briefly with a grin peaked up at him.

he went on like that for a short while which started to upset and irritate Lucky..

"cut it out will ya?" he retorted coolly peeking over at Hangry and crossing his arms.

Hangry groaned again, "oh- I can't help it, Boss."

"It's been so long since I've had a meal.." he whines.

"you'll get it sooner than you think, patience big guy." Lucky attempts to calm him in a comforting tone as his nose twitches.

suddenly a cloud of black and red mist appears in the middle of the room..

upon hearing this I swung around in the office chair to face it, I leaned forward a bit and rested my arms on my lap, letting the cleaver in my right hand hang down towards the floor.

"Listen up now my happy little family, I have some interesting news."

"the mortal has almost made it to this realm, surprisingly."

"however I seriously doubt they will last much longer.."

"so it is up to you to do your duty, this mortal imparticular has almost died on many occasions throughout their journey, they're strong indeed but they're seriously lacking."

"definitely no match for you my dear.." Malak gestures his hand at me.

"I know you will make good work of them, for however long it lasts," he says confidently.

I stand up and bend my right arm letting the dull side of the blade rest on my shoulder..

I gripped my waist with my left hand, "I look forward to meeting them.." I say calmly while feeling self-assured.

Lucky glances over at me and lightly grins.

"all is well then- happy hunting." Malak chuckles darkly as he fades away into thin air.

"ah! finally," Hangry says relieved.

"See? what did I tell ya?" Lucky says while walking out of the room.

we followed each other out of the conference room and headed to the elevator..

when we reached the end of the hallway and started stepping inside the lift, Lucky had something to share.

"Now, everybody be on their best behavior for our guest."

"We gotta treat 'em the way they deserve.."

"and they deserve the best.." he says darkly with undertones of humor as the door shuts.

a sharp grin stretched across my face as I squeezed the handle of my cleaver..

there was nothing but silence and the sound of mechanical humming as we ascended.

soon the elevator dinged and opened, and we stepped out heading for the castle exit ahead.

when we reached the bridge, "alright gang, here's what we're gonna do."

"find a place to hide in wait.."