one

"miles! ugh, miles!" tues groaned, walking into his room with a glass of water, "miles, get out of your room. you've been in here for at least 5 hours."

"not now, tues! i'm onto something." tails muttered, shooing his sister away.

"is that so?" she asked, setting the glass of water down on his desk, and walking over to his chair, where she rested her arms on the top of, "what is this big discovery you're making, my young wanderer?" she asked, fiddling with her brother's hair.

"you're so nosy! just go clean your room." tails groaned, reaching his hand up and slapping her face gently.

"don't need to, it's all clean. i'm wondering why my sad bag-of-bolts brother is locked up in his room once again and looking at all this random junk." tues said, grabbing his hand and taking it away from her face.

"because i actually found something, tues. and it's something big, okay?" he said, turning towards his sister.

"ooooh. i'm invested now. go on." tues smiled, looking down at her little brother.

"no. you'll think i'm crazy."

"i thought you were crazy two weeks ago when you showed me a mama spider carrying her babies on her back." tues said.

"no. you thought i was crazy because i wanted to keep them."

"that too," tues giggled, "but c'mon, i won't judge you. you're the coolest kid i know."

tails smiled softly at his older sister, "okay...i picked up this vibration. it's a pretty big one, too. it's from earth, and it's from this magical-like creature named sonic!"

now, how does a 15 year old respond in this situation? tues stood shocked at what her little 8 year old brother just said, as he stared at her with excitement in his eyes.

"wow! that's—a big discovery! jeez!" tues smiled, opening one of the pockets on her legs and grabbing a bag of fruit snacks.

"but there's more!" tails exclaimed, as tues ripped them open and started eating them, "sonic is being tracked down by knuckles the echidna! he's after sonic because his parental-figure was a big threat to his tribe! and now his tribe is all dead! so he's going to attack sonic and get back justice!"

tues nodded slowly, "this all makes sense."

"i know! and guess what?"

"what."

"i'm gonna go help sonic!"

tues nearly choked on her grape-flavored fruit snack, "what?! no no no no. tails, i'm not letting you go do whatever you want just because some hedgehog halfway across the universe is in danger! you haven't even met the rodent."

"but tues!" tails whined, "sonic needs my help! he's a loser, like me."

"you're not a loser, buddy." tues assured her brother, ruffling his hair, "and if sonic is as strong as you describe him, he can fend for himself."

"no. he can't, tuesday. he needs me. my gadgets, they'll help him! a-and you can come to! it'll be a big trip for us! we can finally leave and explore how life is on other planets! other universes!" tails insisted.

"and what would i do to help, tails? i don't have anything special." tues said.

"that's true, but you have pockets! pockets full of 4-year-old apples and nuts and bolts of all sizes! and you know how to kick butt!"

"well, i wouldn't say kick butt..." tues muttered.

"you pushed a 4 year old off a swing and slapped him because he wouldn't give you a turn." tails deadpanned to his sister.

"well, it was my turn! ugh, tails, this sounds dangerous. i really can't have this happening right now, okay? now please promise me you won't do anything stupid. don't blow anything up trying to invent something to get you across the galaxy, or burn off your hair because of fire. mkay?" tues smiled.

tails slouched down in his chair, "fine. can i have some alone time, though?"

tues nodded and turned towards the door, walking through it and closing it afterwards.

❊ ❊ ❊

"hey, tails?" tues yelled through his door, holding a cup of juice for him, "i-i'm sorry about our little dispute. and i wanna make it up to you! how about we go into town and get some sweets? will that make you feel better?"

tues waited patiently for a response, but after almost half a minute, there was nothing.

"okay, tails, be mad. i don't care..." tues muttered.

there was still no response.

"i'm gonna open the door! and if i see anything disgusting, i'm gonna kill you." tues said, setting the glass down on the floor and placing one hand over the doorknob and one on her eyes.

"three...two..."

wind was heard from the other side of the door, and tues looked up from behind her hand and opening the door.

there stood a ring-like portal, wind whistling from it. tues stood in shock, and the wind fluffed up her blondish-fur.

"tails?! tails!" tues yelled to her brother, who was on the other side.

he turned towards the ring and saw her, as she looked horrified. he made a life-changing decision and went back through the portal, grabbing her gloved hands and yanking her through it, right before it closed.

"tails..." tues whispered, sitting on the ground covered in leaves, "i'm gonna...KILL YOU! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU, TAILS!"

tues grabbed onto her brother's arms, shaking him violently, "HOW ARE YOU SO STUPID, TAILS?! YOU HAD ONE TASK! ONE! AND YOU FAILED! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORD 'NO' MEANS?!"

tails was becoming dizzy in her arms.

"YOU ARE THE WORST!" tues finally yelled, and dropped him from her hands.

she sat for a second, looking at the view in front of her. it was beautiful, but that didn't stop it from her blood boiling. she felt as if she was either going to throw tails off this cliff, or suffocate him.

"tues, i-i'm really sorry. really! we just really need to help sonic, okay? he's in danger."

"if anything, tails, we're in danger! we're on a different planet! you need to look around you!" tues yelled.

"i know you're upset, but please just trust me." tails said, getting up and reaching his hand out to her.

tues looked up at him. she wanted to start sobbing and screaming at him. she had so much to say, but she was on a different planet. she didn't understand how she got there, and she was still trying to process the fact that she probably yelled so loud at tails he has hearing problems.

tues inhaled sharply and grabbed his gloved hand, "i hate you."

tails giggled, "i love you."

the two ran towards the edge and jumped off, and soon resurfaced, using their two tails to fly.

and tuesday didn't know what the hell she was going, but she was there for the thrill of it.

a/n:

hello! i hope this is a accurate description of how tails got to earth. it's not really explained, so i improvised.

thank you for 18 reads!