Chapter Fifteen: Collection

"Welcome to the village Budleigh Babberton," Professor Dumbledore explained.

          We followed him to some housing and came across one with a broken front door.

         "Wands out," he instructed.

          Harry and I drew our wands and shuffled back to back to protect each other. The house was in shambles. Someone was looking for someone, or something. I was worried for our safety.

          We stood in what would be the living room while the headmaster called out for someone, "Horace! Horace!"

          I flinched when something dropped on my face. It fell on my cheek and when I looked up, there was a tear in the ceiling, exposing wooden beams and red stained wallpaper. Before I could wipe what was on my face, the headmaster dabbed it and tasted it. Harry and I exchanged glances and he wiped the remaining residue off with his sleeve. Professor Dumbledore poked an armchair with his wand and disfigured an older man.

          "Merlin's beard!" he yelled at our headmaster.

          They went back and forth until we were introduced. The man was Horace Slughorn and he was a former professor at Hogwarts in Potions. Professor Dumbledore fixed the house and excused himself to use the loo. Harry and I talked with Mr. Slughorn and we saw his collection of former students in his club that he used to run.

          Within his collection, we saw our mother in one of his photos. There was also Sirius's brother among the collection. It was an impressive collection and he taught a variety of students. Professor Dumbledore came back and we left. Mr. Slughorn came out behind us and said he would come back if he gets a new classroom and a raise. The headmaster explained that he wanted Mr. Slughorn back at his school and he extended his arm for us again. When Harry and I took it, we landed in the lake water outside of the Burrow.