Chapter Twenty Five: Hogsmeade

I followed Draco to the Astronomy Tower and he met me at the top.

          "Is everything ok, Draco?" I asked, concerned.

         He shook his head and started pacing.

          "Darling," I comforted him, "come here."

          I opened my arms to him and he hugged me, "I have to kill the headmaster, Mei."

          I didn't react and hugged him tight, "Alright. What can I do to help?"

          He pulled away from me and held my face in his hands, "Why? Why are you helping me? Why are you loving me?"

          I kissed him, "I know you have no choice, darling. I know who you are and that's who I love."

          He broke down in front of me and told me everything. I agreed to help him with the vanishing cabinet after break and he told me what he's going to try for his attempts. I never imagined that I would be helping him kill an innocent man who reunited me with my brother, but this was my choice. I was going to help assassinate the headmaster.

          "Next weekend, I'm going to Hogsmeade. I'll cover for you. I promise," I said as I kissed him.

         He admired my face, "Thank you, Mei. I love you."

          I looked into his grey eyes, "I love you too, Draco."

         We headed back down from the tower and agreed to end up at the Three Broomsticks next weekend. By then, it started to snow. I hated the cold and Hermione had to roll me out of bed to get moving. I put on my green thick sweater and the black scarf from Sirius. I had Cedric's watch on and strapped my garter belt over my jeans. The socks from Dobby were so warm and I put on my boots. I had my hair tied up in a ponytail and had my gloves from the twins in my back pocket. Just in case, I brought my backpack. Hermione and I headed to the Great Hall to eat breakfast and wait for Harry and Ron.

          "You're with Draco, aren't you?" Hermione asked.

          I nearly spit out my juice. She laughed and handed me a green apple. I took it and rotated it in my hands. Was it that obvious?

          "How'd you know?" I asked softly.

          "He looks at you differently than anyone else. I've known him a little longer than you," she replied.

          "Well, don't tell anyone, ok? Harry was trying to use me to get him shirtless. My own brother. Can you imagine?" I snorted.

          She blushed, "He's rather direct, isn't he?"

          I rolled my eyes and ate some bread and sausages. I really hope it isn't obvious. The boys finally came down and I was throwing fruits at Ron. I couldn't help but think about Fred when I was with Ron or Ginny.

         "Kitty, catch," Ron said as he threw a grape at me.

          I caught it in my mouth and he cheered. After we ate breakfast together, I noticed Draco leaving and that was my cue. We made our way to Hogsmeade and I was shivering when it started to snow again. Stupid snow.

          "I hate the cold," I muttered.

          Ron was walking next to me and laughed. Harry and I saw Professor Slughorn go into the Three Broomsticks and we went in. I was so happy it was warm in there. Draco came in and he was looking for a target to curse. I saw a girl from the Quidditch tryouts, I think her name was Katie, and when I made eye contact with Draco, I looked at her. He looked at her and looked at me for confirmation. I nodded and he went around the back to wait for her. Hermione ordered four butterbeers for us. Ron and I sat next to each other and Harry and Hermione sat together across from us.

          Professor Slughorn saw Harry and Hermione and greeted them before greeting me. Ron was pretty much invisible. The professor invited us to his Slug Club for dinner, an honour for talented students. He finally did greet Ron, but with the wrong name before he left. We saw Ginny and Dean together and Harry looked jealous seeing them. Ron was upset seeing his sister with his classmate and I nudged him. Draco came out and he made eye contact with Harry before he left. I tried to keep the trio in the Inn for as long as possible once I saw Katie and her friend leaving.

          Eventually we made our way back to the castle and we were all in a good mood from the butterbeer. I was holding Ron's hand and Hermione held Ron's other hand and Harry's hand. Suddenly, the girl in front of us with Katie screamed. Katie was on the ground and there was the cursed necklace beside her. She was sent into the air, screaming, before being thrown back onto the ground. As witnesses, myself, the trio, and the girl with Katie were taken to see Professor McGonagall.

          "Why is it when anything happens, it is always you three?" she asked the trio.

          Ron had no idea after these past six years.

          "Miss Potter, I hope you do not make this a habit with your brother," she scolded me, too.

          Professor Snape came in to examine the necklace and he said that Katie was lucky to be alive. Her friend said that Katie was going to deliver this to Professor Dumbledore. Apparently, Harry knew Katie and defended her saying that she wouldn't have knowingly done this because she wouldn't hurt a fly. Professor McGonagall also defended Katie and agreed that she was most likely under a curse. Harry accused Draco.

          The teachers argued and I argued with Harry, "Why Draco? Do you hate him that much?"

          He was silent and we were all dismissed. I was so upset with Harry that I started to eat with Neville and Seamus. He wasn't wrong and that's why I was upset. He was wrong about me though. It was my fault, too.