Chapter Twenty Four: Quidditch

October came around and Draco made sure to see me at least once a week. I loved him very much and I knew he loved me. He did reveal to me that he would need my help after Christmas break. I gladly wanted to and I've been helping with his homework in the library. Harry was made captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team and they were having tryouts soon. Over the weekend, I accompanied Hermione in the stands to watch.

          "Do you fancy Ron?" Hermione asked me softly.

          I snickered, "No, but I know you do."

          She looked at me with a red face, "How?"

          I hugged her, "Oh, please. I know what jealousy looks like."

          She laughed a little, "I'm sorry."

          I cheered for Ginny as she made her position clear during tryouts.

         "Look out, Hermione. I think you caught someone's eye." I nudged her and we saw Cormac McLaggen staring at us.

          She groaned, "Not him again."

         "Wasn't he checking you out at Weasley's and Weasley's?" I asked.

          She scoffed, "Unfortunately. He's repulsive."

          The girl that said hi to Ron in his brothers' store was also in the stand a few benches in front of us.

          "Wasn't she in the D.A.?" I asked Hermione softly.

          She nodded and we realised she had some obsession with Ron. When Ron blocked a Quaffle, she giggled and applauded him. We rolled our eyes and Hermione casted a Confundus Charm on Cormac during tryouts. I was shocked and smirked at her.

          I nudged her, "Not bad for a future Weasley."

          She chased me out of the stands, "Speak for yourself!"

          We laughed and went back to the common room together. That night, we went to dinner together and Ron brought up that Cormac has a thing for Hermione. She scoffed in response and Ron and I took turns throwing candy into each other's mouths. We haven't spent much time together and I had an idea.

          "Let's go to Hogsmeade tomorrow," I suggested.

          "Next weekend," Harry said.

          I forgot he had lessons with Professor Dumbledore. I nodded and we settled our plans. I looked up and saw Draco blow something in my direction. Ron made an attempt to climb over the table to grab a paper crane flying at me but I caught it first.

         "Ron, you're a keeper, not a seeker," I stuck my tongue out at him.

          Ginny laughed further down the table and threw a green apple at me.

          "Always a pleasure," I winked at Ron and left with the apple in my mouth.

          I read the note: 'Astronomy tower now'.