{5: Deal}

I couldn't help it. Seeing him walking down the corridor was like seeing that teddy bear you've lost ages ago sitting on your bed. You just needed to hold onto it. Just forever. Only I couldn't. Joe wasn't mine anymore.

Yet, still, I was walking a couple feet behind him, seeing him laugh with a friend. How could he have been so happy?

I followed him into Charms. I sunk into my chair in the back, while he sat down in the far front. He actually paid attention in the class, whereas I dug my knife into the table. I just couldn't focus. It was quite hard.

After class, when we made our way to lunch, I walked a couple steps behind him again. Only, I wasn't looking at him. I was looking at the fourty-seven out of eighty on my Charm's test. I sighed.

Inside the great hall I sat by Pansy and Astoria, barely eating. Actually, not eating at all. I looked at the food, but I had no appetite.

Pansy and Astoria had tried to put a smile on my lips, and when it worked, it didn't last.

When I looked at Joe, my eyes froze. He sat beside a girl and they were laughing. She looked so gorgeous. She had long black hair, and a sweet blue aliceband. I recognized her from Herbology and Potions.

I sunk deeper onto the bench. He looked so happy, talking with her and not me. Why was it cutting so deeply?

Then someone walked passed, and my eyes followed them. Mattheo. I glanced between him and Joe, suddenly remembering the offer he made the previous week.

No. Yes. No. Yes. Merlin, no Rachel. Yes, fuck it.

I grabbed my bag, jumping up from the bench. In shock, Pansy and Astoria watched me jog out of the room, but they didn't follow me. When I stepped outside the great hall I looked from side to side, seeing Mattheo walk around a corner on the far left. I didn't hesitate to run after him.

I struggled to keep up, and it frustrated me. When I swung around the stairs past the marble bridge, I lost him. I stopped, sighing as I gasped softly for air.

I was used to jogging, not running after someone who walks fucking fast.

Then, suddenly, someone grabbed my arm, yanking me behind the stairs. I shoved them off me, before seeing Mattheo frown, shrugging.

"It's just me," he said, making me sigh, a bit relieved that I didn't lose him. "What's up-"

"I'm in."

He losened his frown, but still frowned. "In?" he questioned.

I sighed in frustration. "I'm in, Riddle. I'll date you; but fake date you. I'll do it."

Then he smiled as if he won something. He grinned, crossing his arms as he leaned back against a brick wall.

"What made you change your mind?" he teased, making me roll my eyes.

"Shooting stars and fate," I bit. "I changed my mind, okay? I'm in."

He nodded, glancing passed the stairs, seeing a few students pass. "Alright. When do we start?"

I thought for a second. "Tomorrow. Hogsmead. Six- no. Six-thirty. You have Detention."

He laughed. "How did you know?"

I scoffed. "You always have Detention, Riddle."

Nodding, he teasingly lift his hands into the air. "Fine, princess."

"Princess?" I asked as I looked at him, hoping he'd take it back. "What fucking princess?"

He stood up again, walking to me. "You. You're dating a prince, so therefore you're a princess now. It comes with the package deal. You have no choice."

Then he planted a kiss onto my forehead, before walking out from under the stairs. I stood frozen.

Princess? Fuck you.